Just before Kaelyn was born we received a Baby Signing Time DVD at a baby shower. I was thrilled. As a former early childhood educator and through education classes in college, I had seen this work first hand and knew it would be perfect for our little one. There are so many wonderful benefits of sign language with young children…even babies! By the time Kaelyn was 3 months old we started to introduce her to this great series! Very early on we noticed her using signs like eat, more, and milk. As time went on she began using more and more signs….cracker, diaper, potty, dog, etc.
Baby Signing Time was a fantastic way to instill confidence and security and helped us communicate with her in a way which allowed for fewer instances of frustration on her part when she was feeling she couldn’t tell us what she needed. The biggest difference though…was the way it helped to stimulate early learning, her vocabulary, and language skills. She began saying words at a very early age and was using two words and more to make sentences shortly after she turned a year old. After the very positive experience we’ve had with Kaelyn, I know without a doubt it’s something we’ll do with this next baby as well. I think signing is a terrific communication tool and one more parents should consider! For those who aren’t familiar with Baby Signing Time…it’s a collection of DVD’s that makes learning signs fun through music, animation and real babies under the age of two signing!
I am SO excited because the wonderful people behind Signing Time have offered one of my readers a Baby Signing Time Volume 1 & 2 + CDs Giftset (a $59.99 value)!!! This set is perfect for kids as young as 3 months old and up to 3 years old!
How To Enter To Win: All you have to do is visit Signing Time and leave me a comment letting me know another product they offer that you like. (This initial entry is required before any of the extra entries will be counted)
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the initial entry has been completed)
1. Subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act (can be found along the right-hand column) and leave me a comment once you do.
2. Blog about this giveaway (linking to both this post and Signing Time) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blogroll and leave a comment with the URL to your blog.
4. Digg this giveaway (“Digg This” can be found at the bottom of this post) and leave me a comment once you have done so.
5. If you have Entrecard, drop your card on me and let me know once you have.
6. Follow me on Twitter here
7. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and include a link back to this post.
8. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found at the top in the right-hand column).
9. For THREE extra entries, purchase any item from the Signing Time website before the end of this giveaway (be sure to leave THREE separate comments when doing so to ensure each entry is counted).
Please be sure to leave me a *separate* comment for each entry you complete above including with each, your e-mail address so that I can easily and accurately contact the winner!!