When we had Kaelyn there was never a doubt in my mind that we would use disposable diapers.
I figured they’d be easier and more convenient. The thing I didn’t fully realize is how expensive they are! Yikes!! After learning that we have a second baby on the way a few months back….I am now considering switching to cloth diapers for the both of them. Hopefully Kaelyn will be potty trained shortly after the baby arrives, but either way…I’d rather save money in the long run and use cloth diapers I think. Saying goodbye to disposables is also much better for our environment!
As I began my search for the best option for us, I came across AppleCheeks! I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review one and can say that I was definitely impressed! They are functional, great fitting, and effective…all the things a parent looks for in a diaper! I really liked that there was elastic at the back AND at the tummy too. This helps to keep in everything and prevents blowouts. It was something I hadn’t seen on other cloth diapers I’ve looked at. Another thing I really appreciated was that they only have two sizes (size 1 fits 7-20 lbs and size 2 fits 18-40 pounds). This means that they fit WAY better than a one-size diaper and it helps to save you money because you’re not spending on a multiple-sized system! The snaps were wonderful as well. They ensure that the diaper is going to stay on and fit snuggly….even when those little ones try to take their diaper off!
They offer 10 great colors to choose from, as well as all natural inserts that absorb much better than the alternatives in cotton or microfibre. These inserts easily fall out in the wash because of the perfectly placed pocket opening in the cover. This means you don’t have to unstuff a soiled diaper! You have a choice whether or not you want to use the inserts inside the pocket of the cover or on top of it. I think both options have their benefits….putting it inside helps to keep moisture away from your child’s skin, while putting it on top of the pocket makes it possible to use the cover again before washing.
The best part about AppleCheeks, besides their great diapers, are the resources offered on their website and their amazing customer service. For those of us just starting out with cloth diapers, having information on care instructions, video tutorials, FAQ’s, and a way to contact the company for more information is a must!
Buy It: You can purchase AppleCheeks reusable diapers worldwide at these locations!
How To Enter To Win: AppleCheeks has generously offered one of my readers their very own AppleCheeks cloth diaper! To enter, all you have to do is visit the AppleCheeks website and let me know which color you would choose.
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act (can be found along the right-hand column) and leave me a comment once you do. (If you already do, leave me a comment letting me know). Also, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to both this post and AppleCheeks) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. Also, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
3. Follow AppleCheeks on Twitter here
4. Follow me on Twitter here
5. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and include a link back to this post.
6. Join the AppleCheeks Facebook Page
7. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blogroll and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
8. Digg this giveaway (“Digg This” can be found at the bottom of this post) and leave me a comment once you have done so.
9. If you have Entrecard, drop your card on me and let me know once you have.
10. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found at the top in the right-hand column).
This giveaway will end July 3rd and is open to anyone WORLDWIDE!!
Be sure to check out my other giveaways listed along the right-hand column!!