I am always looking for new and fun things Kaelyn and I can do together that encourage learning and creativity. I think a bit of this comes from my past work as a Preschool Teacher….but more than anything…like any parent, I just enjoy seeing her learn and having fun while she’s doing it! Although young, she is learning constantly. Whether it be through the books she reads, the children programs she watches, or interaction with kids and adults…I can always see that she’s learning something new! It’s one of the most amazing things to witness as a parent!
I was recently given the opportunity to review one of the craft kits from Creativity For Kids and was thrilled to do so! Their mission as found on their website is: To provide children with experiences that stimulate and encourage their natural creativity. Our open-ended products offer fun-filled opportunities for children to create, pretend, explore and learn! I found this statement to be very true of their products as we reviewed the Make Your Own Animal Puppets kit. I liked how the kit made it possible for kids to be creative. There wasn’t a specific way you had to do something….in fact, there weren’t even directions. It gives children the opportunity create and explore in a way which is meaningful to them.
The Make Your Own Animal Puppets kit comes with three socks (to be made into animal puppets). There were also felt shapes, fur, pom poms, yarn, and wiggly eyes as well. Using these materials….a child can create any animal they want. They show examples on the box of a shark, cow, pig, etc….but the choices are endless with a little imagination! This kit is made for children 3 years of age and older because of the small parts. I found that although Kaelyn is younger than that…she still enjoyed it immensely…with adult supervision of course since there are small parts! It was a great sensory and fine motor experience for her….and a wonderful opportunity for her to become more familiar with different animals and colors as well! We had so much fun! Another great thing about this kit was that no glue was needed! It wasn’t messy at all….so clean up was a breeze!
If you’re looking for fun and creative activities to do with your children…Creativity For Kids would be a great place to start! You can check out their fantastic products on their website, and can even purchase them there. There’s also a handy store locator on their site as well.
How To Enter To Win: I’m so excited because Creativity For Kids has has generously offered one of their Big Fun Crafts Kits to one of my readers!! To enter, all you have to do is visit the Creativity For Kids website and leave me a comment letting me know one other product they carry that you like.
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act (can be found along the right-hand column) and leave me a comment once you do. (If you already do, leave me a comment letting me know). Also, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to both this post and Creativity For Kids) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. Also, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blogroll and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. Digg this giveaway (“Digg This” can be found at the bottom of this post) and leave me a comment once you have done so.
5. If you have Entrecard, drop your card on me and let me know once you have.
6. Follow me on Twitter here (if you already do, leave me a comment letting me know)
7. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and include a link back to this post.
8. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found at the top in the right-hand column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
9. For THREE extra entries, purchase anything from Creativity For Kids before the end of this giveaway (be sure to leave THREE separate comments when doing so to ensure each entry is counted).
This giveaway will end July 13th and is open to US/Canada!
Be sure to check out my other giveaways listed along the right-hand column!!