Taking a baby or toddler’s temperature is no fun! When they don’t feel well, the last thing they want is to lay still while we wait for a reading on the thermometer. The worse part is that most of the thermometers we have tried are not accurate and take forever to use. I have been in search for something that will work better and more easily for us, especially with a second baby on the way…and was thrilled to have the opportunity to review the Exergen TemporalScanner Thermometer!!
This is the first of it’s kind because of the infrared thermometer that actually reads the body’s temperature from the temporal artery. I think it’s so neat that the body’s temperature can be taken this way. It’s noninvasive and so easy! After 2-3 seconds you have an accurate reading every time. I have to admit that at first I wondered if this could possibly be true…I mean, is there really an easy way to take a temperature and after only a couple of seconds get an accurate reading?! Well…now I know that there is. The Exergen TemporalScanner is amazing! It is truly the fastest and most accurate way to measure body temperature. It’s the only thermometer made in the US and is safer for our environment as it doesn’t contain mercury, but uses infrared technology instead. Just one more reason why I think this product is so great.
Using the TemporalScanner is so easy! All you have to do is place the probe on the forehead, hold down the button and slide over to the hairline. At which point you can release the button and read the temperature. Kaelyn usually doesn’t like to have her temperature taken, but using this one was a breeze. She sat very still and was curious as to what we were doing. In fact, after we were done…she was trying to run it across her forehead and do it herself!
After using this product, I can tell you that I don’t plan on using any other thermometer again. No more messing with ear thermometers that are so hard to get the placement correct, or taking the temperature orally or under the arm…both ways having temperatures that often vary due to other factors like drinking fluids before hand or the amount of clothing you are wearing.
I would recommend this thermometer to anyone, with or without children. It’s easy to use and accurate…what more could you ask for when it comes to taking your temperature when not feeling well?! The best part is, you can purchase it at many stores and online retailers. It is something you can buy for yourself or someone else…it would make a terrific baby shower gift!
How To Enter To Win: What’s great is that the generous people from Exergen have offered one of my readers their very own Exergen TemporalScanner!! All you have to do is visit Exergen and come back leaving me a comment letting me know one of the stores/online stores at which it can be purchased.
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, Join Exergen’s Fan Page on Facebook (Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted)
2. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act (can be found along the right-hand column) and leave me a comment once you do. (If you already do, leave me a comment letting me know and be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted)
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blogroll and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. Digg this giveaway (“Digg This” can be found at the bottom of this post) and leave me a comment once you have done so.
5. For TWO extra entries, Blog about this giveaway (linking to both this post and Exergen) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. (Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.)
6. If you have Entrecard, drop your card on me and let me know once you have.
7. Follow me on Twitter here (if you already do, leave me a comment letting me know)
8. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and include a link back to this post.
9. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did: 1 entry for each of my giveaways that you enter. (current giveaways can be found at the top in the right-hand column).