In those beginning first weeks and months after having a baby, parents are no-doubt sleep deprived…making it difficult to remember those day to day things. This is how I was after the birth of our daughter Kaelyn. I remember wondering how I went from being an organized person to one who could barely remember how many hours it had been since Kaelyn last ate. With our second baby coming this Fall, I knew I had to plan ahead and get all the necessary tools to help stay on top of things as much as possible. With a toddler in the house too…I imagine this could be even more difficult than it was the first time around!
I was happy to have had the opportunity to review an Itzbeen and admit that being able to see and use it has really put my mind at ease about being able to stay organized once this second baby comes. I had heard of the Itzbeen before, but didn’t know a lot about it. After receiving it in the mail, I realized that it’s a MUST-HAVE for all Momma’s and I can’t believe I didn’t have one with Kaelyn. How much easier life would have been!
The Itzbeen Baby Care Timer was developed by a new Mom and Dad who found themselves needing an easy solution to help them remember baby care details such as diaper changes, feedings, sleep schedules, etc. It has four easy timers that display the elapsed time since these things were completed! It can easily be reset by the push of a button when you’re ready to start keeping track all over again. There’s even a nursing reminder for those who breastfeed…left or right. I remember with Kaelyn NEVER being able to remember which side we ended on, so this will be wonderful with our next baby! This amazing little timer can even be used as an alarm to remind you when the next feeding needs to take place, etc! An alarm will briefly sound after the time limit you set has been reached if desired! How great is that?!?
Now, my first thought before receiving the Itzbeen was that it would be a tool used in the beginning months, but then would probably get put on the shelf until our next baby is born. However….after having reviewed this product, I can tell you that we’ve already begun to use it. How you ask? Well….the Itzbeen can be used for absolutely anything! I find it useful during this time of potty training Kaelyn. We are just in the beginning stages which means having to remember to take her to the potty often. I have found that that this useful little timer helps us do just that!! It would also be great for parents who need to remember to give their child a medication or keep track of how long it’s been since they had their last dose. Also…any babysitter would love to have something like this left for them when watching smaller children. Whether it be to help remind them of feedings, diapering, sleep schedules or something else…it would make things much easier I’m sure!
The Itzbeen is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, has a backlight and slow glow nightlight making it easier for you to use it in the dark, and best of all has a clip which makes it easy to take with you wherever you go! This is a must for any new parent…whether this is your first or sixth child!
As you can see, there are many uses for the Itzbeen…I’ve only begun using it and am sure I will come up with many more ways to use it as time goes on. I can’t wait to use it with our little one when he/she arrives!!
Buy It: The Itzbeen can be found in many stores and online stores! A list of places can be found here.
How To Enter To Win: I’m so excited because Itzbeen has kindly offered an Itzbeen Baby Care Timer to one of my readers!! To enter, all you have to do is visit the Itzbeen website and leave me a comment letting me know one feature you love about this product!
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. Tell me what color Itzbeen you would choose
2. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act (can be found along the right-hand column) and leave me a comment once you do. (If you already do, leave me a comment letting me know). Also, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
3. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to both this post and Itzbeen) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. Also, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
4. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blogroll and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
5. Digg this giveaway (“Digg This” can be found at the bottom of this post) and leave me a comment once you have done so.
6. If you have Entrecard, drop your card on me and let me know once you have.
7. Follow me on Twitter here (if you already do, leave me a comment letting me know)
8. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and include a link back to this post.
9. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found at the top in the right-hand column).
This giveaway will end July 6th and is open to US Residents Only
Be sure to check out my other giveaways listed along the right-hand column!!