As many of you may already have known…June was Dairy Month. It’s a great reminder to us all of the benefits of dairy, not only nutritionally, but also for those who are looking to maintain their healthy lifestyle while still sticking within a budget (especially given the current state of our economy)!
Just a few quick facts on milk and dairy that may be of interest to you….
- Milk packs nine essential nutrients at only 25 cents per glass. Many designer drinks, sodas, and fruit drinks are high in calories and expensive!
- Though protein is one of the most expensive parts of the diet, dairy foods are one of the most economical sources of protein and calcium, both of which are important for the growth and development of strong bones and teeth.
- A 1 oz serving of hard cheese, like cheddar for instance, contains 8 grams of protein, and an 8 oz serving of yogurt provides nearly a third of your suggest daily calcium intake.
These are just a few of many facts which can be found at Dairy Makes Sense. I am thankful to have come across this site after being introduced to it on behalf of the Midwest Dairy Council. It’s a wonderful resource where you’ll find a variety of nutrition value tips and information, as well as a number of recipes you can try out. I really appreciated the shopping tips that are given.
I am so excited to celebrate the benefits of dairy with you by hosting a giveaway so generously sponsored by the Midwest Dairy Council! They are offering 7 readers a prize pack full of coupons and more! This giveaway is open to those who live in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota. Each of the 7 winners will receive a coupon bundle as well as some other great items as pictured:
- 2 FREE Land O Lakes milk coupons
- 1 Old Home or Gaymont Product Coupon
- 4 Borden Single Sensations Cheese “one free and $1 for a friend” coupon
- Reusable grocery bag
- Jump Rope for Kids (or the kid at heart)
- Recipe Booklets
- Magnetic Fridge Pad
Don’t miss out on your chance to continue to stay healthy and get some FREE groceries!!
How To Enter To Win: All you have to do is visit Dairy Makes Sense and leave me a comment letting me know something you learned!
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act. Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to both this post and the Midwest Dairy Council) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. Also, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blogroll and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. Digg this giveaway (“Digg This” can be found at the bottom of this post) and leave me a comment once you have done so.
5. If you have Entrecard, drop your card on me and let me know once you have.
6. Follow me on Twitter here (if you already do, leave me a comment letting me know)
7. Tweet about this giveaway. You may copy and paste the following…Dairy Makes Sense: Midwest Dairy Council Giveaway – dairy coupons/prize pack for MN, IA, ND and SD residents http://bit.ly/QrOCH
8. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found at the top in the right-hand column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end July 23rd and is open to residents of Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota!