I believe it’s very important to speak positive words over our children! Words truly are powerful and have the ability to build someone up or tear them down. It’s important to surround their daily lives with love and encouragement. That’s why I was so impressed with ThumbPeople! I was recently introduced to this company and from the start knew that it was something I would be interested in learning more about. Their products are based on the verse, Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.” Their goal is to help develop self worth within children and their Thumbuddy character in the books they have encourages children to embrace their uniqueness and leave their imprint in the world. Just as your thumb leaves a thumbprint that’s one of a kind…your life leaves a one of a kind imprint in the world as well.
I am thankful to have had the opportunity to review four of their many wonderful products. I was sent the Thumbuddy You board book, the children’s music CD You Are Thumbuddy, the Words of Love CD and Lesson #1 from their Preschool Curriculum for Church which goes along with the Thumbuddy You book.
The board book, Thumbuddy You, is adorable and one I would recommend to anyone with young children! It’s all about how Thumbuddy is a miracle and so is your child. What a positive message for anyone to hear! What Kaelyn enjoyed most about this book was that it is simple and has bright colorful pictures to go along with each page. She loved listening to me read it over and over again, especially when I replaced the word “you” with her name! It’s always fun to listen to a story that’s personalized just for you!
The two CD’s we received were great as well! I love how many of the songs on the children’s CD, You Are Thumbuddy, are familiar tunes to both parents and children alike. It was easy to catch on to the songs that way. What’s best is that each song offers empowering and positive words. Kaelyn just loved it. We both find ourselves dancing around singing them. The Words of Love CD is one I really enjoyed…it was so relaxing to listen to! The words of encouragement and blessings spoken over soothing music are incredible!
As a former preschool teacher I was thrilled to also receive Lesson #1 from their “For My Church” Preschool Curriculum. There are seven lessons (one that goes along with each book). The You Are Thumbuddy CD is also incorporated into each lesson as well. In reviewing this lesson I could tell that it would be a lot of fun for both teachers and children. It included goals to help your child know that they are special, music and movements, activities that are age appropriate, crafts that help to make the lesson more meaningful to children, activities to do at home, dialogue for leaders and other simple instructions. I was amazed at all that was included in this one lesson! The layout was so easy to follow and everything you need for the lesson is right there…including activity pages, etc. I enjoyed it so much that I would love to get the rest of the Preschool Curriculum to do with my own children at some point.
The message ThumbPeople portrays through their music, books, and curriculum is amazingly powerful! It’s so important to believe in one’s self and to know that you are a unique and special miracle with so many wonderful things to offer this world. They give you and your child a wonderful opportunity to spend time with one another and bond in such a special way.
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act. Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to both this post and ThumbPeople) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. Also, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
3. Follow ThumbPeople on Twitter here
4. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blogroll and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
5. Digg this giveaway (“Digg This” can be found at the bottom of this post) and leave me a comment once you have done so.
6. If you have Entrecard, drop your card on me and let me know once you have.
7. Follow me on Twitter here (if you already do, leave me a comment letting me know)
8. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter and include a link back to this post.
9. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found at the top in the right-hand column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
10. For FIVE extra entries, purchase anything from the ThumbPeople website before the end of this giveaway (be sure to leave FIVE separate comments when doing so to ensure each entry is counted).
This giveaway will end July 21st and is open to US Only!