After having a baby, you quickly learn what baby products and gear you like and find necessary, and which you don’t. This definitely was the case for us after having Kaelyn, and is something we think about now as we prepare for the birth of our second baby this Fall. There are things I would consider to be Mommy Must-Haves and one of these would have to be a high quality diaper pail. With Kaelyn we ended up getting one that we thought would work for us, but ended up finding out very quickly that it was more of a hassel than it was worth! Between having to stick your hand with the dirty diaper down in the pail to push it through the trap door (which could become quite messy I might add), having the smell travel throughout the house because it did not seal well, and taking much time to simply change the bag…we decided that our search for a new one must begin!
As I searched, I happened to come across the Diaper Dekor and was very impressed. I was thrilled when I found out that I was going to have the opportunity to review a Diaper Dekor Plus and couldn’t wait to receive it in the mail! The moment I opened the box, I could already tell that this pail was much better quality than the one we had previously. It’s sleek design and perfect size make it a Mommy Must-Have for any nursery! There are many unique features to the Diaper Dekor Plus that I was very happy with.
The first was how easy it was to use! No more having to use one hand to pull up the top, and use the other to push the diaper through…with this simple diaper disposal system, all you have to do is step on the diaper pail pedal, drop the diaper in and you’re done!
The second was the rubber sealed trap door where the diapers go through, helping to keep odors in. Not only did I like the fact that it was designed to open easily when something pushes down on it (making it possible to drop the diaper in without having to push your whole hand through), but also the locking feature. There is a knob which you can turn to lock, or unlock the trap door. This helps to ensure that the smell of those dirty diapers will stay tightly inside of the pail. I had never seen a feature like this on any other diaper pail and have to say that it’s one of my favorite things about the Diaper Dekor Plus!
Finally, the third thing I really liked about this pail was how easy it is to take out the bag when it gets full (with the Diaper Dekor Plus, that’s after about 40 diapers). The front easily opens, and from there all you have to do is use the convenient cutter located inside to cut the bag. Then pull down the garbage bag and tie the bottom. It’s SO simple! I love this type of continual refill system!
I am so happy that we now have a quality diaper pail that’s easy to use and will help keep odor under control! The Diaper Dekor Plus would make a fantastic baby gift and a great addition to any nursery. It’s definitely a Mommy Must-Have on my list and I know I will recommend it to anyone with a child in diapers! It actually comes in three different sizes…the Dekor holds approximately 240 diapers per refill, the Dekor Plus (which is the one I was sent) holds about 335 diapers per refill, and the Dekor XL holds 400 diapers per refill!!
Buy It: You can purchase the Diaper Dekor Plus on their website for $39.95. The 2 pack Diaper Dekor Refills can be purchased there as well for $14.95. Diaper Dekor products can also be purchased at many local retailers.
How To Enter To Win: I am super excited because the people behind Diaper Dekor have generously offered one of my readers a Diaper Dekor Plus of their own!!! To enter, visit Diaper Dekor and leave me a comment letting me know something you learned (it can be from anywhere on their website, including the FAQs page found under the Customer Care tab).
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Diaper Dekor) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter here and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Diaper Dekor Plus diaper disposal system Giveaway @MomBalancingAct @DiaperDekor http://bit.ly/npB1P Ends 8/25
6. Follow Diaper Dekor on Twitter
7. Become a Fan of Diaper Dekor on Facebook
8. Subscribe to the Dekor newsletter
9. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
10. For THREE extra entries, purchase anything from the Diaper Dekor website before the end of this giveaway (be sure to leave THREE separate comments when doing so to ensure each entry is counted).
This giveaway will end August 25th and is open to the US Only!