When Kaelyn was younger, I remember what a process it was to get ready to visit anyone else’s house. We had to pack up the car with toys, blankets, the high chair, etc. By the time we were all ready to go, it seemed as though we were packed for a one week vacation…just to go somewhere for a few hours! I remember wishing that there was an easy way to keep her entertained and in one place, especially when we visited places where there weren’t many kid friendly items. That is why I was THRILLED to come across the PopATot!!
The PopATot is an activity center for children 6-18 months old (up to 30 pounds), created by parents of 5 young children, Evan and Stacy Ellsworth who were looking for a portable activity center for young children. It is made from a lightweight steel frame that folds down into an easy to carry, slim, over the shoulder carrying case. It reminded me a lot of the way those camp chairs fold up into cases, making it super easy to carry from place to place! You can learn more about how the PopATot came to be by viewing Stacy Ellsworth on her recent Great Day St. Louis appearance in this video clip.
We were sent the PopATot to review and I have to say from the moment I opened up the box, I was very impressed! Until receiving it, I didn’t realize how compact it really was. It came in the carrying case which only measures 5 inches wide and 36 inches long. I took the PopATot out of the case and couldn’t believe how easy it was to set up. I thought that there would be pieces to attach to one another, but there wasn’t. You set it up right and it literally “pops” into place….no assembly required! All you have to do once it’s out, is make sure to lock the two safety latches which provide extra stability during use.
There were many features about the PopATot that I liked. First, the materials used are high quality and durable. The canvas material is perfect for young children. It’s comfortable and would be very easy to wash. The bottom of the PopATot is actually removable and machine washable. I really liked that there was a bottom like this, as it’s perfect for protecting a baby’s feet from the itchy grass, dirt or wherever else you might have it setting. The frame was also very sturdy. I would have no worries putting a child in the PopATot at all!
Not only does the PopATot help to keep a baby in one place, but it also keeps them entertained. No more hauling a car load of toys and things to keep a baby busy. There are actually five loops on the top to attach toys to. This provides things for your child to play with, without having to worry that they are going to fall on the floor. I also liked the two sippy cup/snack holders….how convenient is that?!
I was very impressed with this product and would recommend it to any parent of young children. It’s definitely one of the Mommy Must-haves on my list and would make a terrific gift for new moms and those who love spending time outdoors as a family! I am looking forward to using this with our little one once he/she arrives in November both indoors and outdoors! I have a feeling Kaelyn will enjoy it just as much as the baby! From the moment we set it up she has enjoyed crawling underneath it and calls it her “tent”.
Buy It: You can purhcase a PopATot for just $49.99 from the PopATot website. If you’d like the PopATot with the new clamp-on adujustable umbrella (perfect for outdoor use), you can purchase it for just $59.99. Oh, and for a limited time….there is FREE shipping! There are also a number of retail stores which carry the PopATot.
How To Enter To Win: Thanks to PopATot, one lucky reader will win a PopATot of their own!! To enter, visit the short clip of Stacy’s Great Day St. Louis appearance and leave me a comment letting me know something you learned!
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and PopATot) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. (Again, be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.)
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: PopATot Portable Activity Center Giveaway @MomBalancingAct @PopATot http://bit.ly/rRGZ8 Ends 9/14
5. Tweet about the St. Louis Great Day appearance INCLUDING this link to the video clip: http://bit.ly/PJVGb
6. Follow PopATot on Twitter
7. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
8. Become a Fan of PopATot on Facebook
9. Facebook about the Great Day St. Louis appearance INCLUDING link to the video clip: http://bit.ly/PJVGb
10. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly
11. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
12. For FIVE extra entries, purchase anything from the PopATot website before the end of this giveaway (be sure to leave FIVE separate comments when doing so to ensure each entry is counted).
This giveaway will end September 14th and is open to US residents only!