With our second baby I am determined to come up with a better way to successfully swaddle him/her! With Kaelyn it didn’t matter how hard I tried…it seemed that she always came loose. I couldn’t figure out a good solution to this problem. After some searching recently, I came across the Woombie and boy do I wish I had one of these with Kaelyn!!
When Mom and RN, Karen Barski, got frustrated with the swaddling options available, she began looking for a better solution. After much research and months of prototyping, the Woombie was born! It is one of the safest and most natural ways to swaddle your baby…helping him/her to transition easily from the womb to the world. Although softly confined, it is made to allow baby to gently stretch extremities much like in the womb. It helps to comfort and allows for a better nights sleep for both you and your little one! It also helps to prevent face scratching, overheating due to over-wrapping, and loose blankets covering the baby’s face.
We were sent an Original Woombie to review for our baby due this Fall. The moment I opened the package I was very impressed! It’s very soft and lightweight, made of a cotton/lycra blend. I love how stretchy the fabric is as well. I was also impressed with the zipper because it zipped from top to bottom so you’re not having to zip toward the baby’s face. The shape was also great, as it’s specifically designed to fit your baby’s shoulder, waist and hip contours just perfectly. What’s also neat about this product is that it comes in 5 different sizes Preemie 3-6 lbs, Newborn Short 5-12 lbs, Newborn 5-13 lbs, Big Baby 4-18lbs, MEGA Baby 18-25 lbs…so you’re sure to find one that suits your needs best.
Although I obviously can’t try it out with our baby yet, I can tell it will be very easy to use! I’m really looking forward to being able to use it with our little one when he/she arrives! In fact, I’m thinking I may need several of these on hand. With a baby there’s always lots of laundry to do…and I know I will want many to ensure that there is always one clean to use! I think the Woombie would also make a fantastic baby gift!
Buy It: You can purchase the Woombie directly from their website. You’ll also find a wealth of helpful information, testimonials, videos and other great products there!
How To Enter To Win: I am very excited because the people behind Woombie have offered one of my readers a Woombie of their own (Newborn Size)!! To enter, visit Woombie and leave me a comment letting me know another product they carry (there are some really neat ones)!
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Woombie) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post. Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter here and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Woombie Giveaway (swaddle your baby safely and naturally) @MomBalancingAct http://bit.ly/nJ0ws Ends 8/21
6. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
7. For THREE extra entries, purchase anything from the Woombie website before the end of this giveaway (be sure to leave THREE separate comments when doing so to ensure each entry is counted).
This giveaway will end August 21st and is open to the US Only!