I ended up nursing Kaelyn for the first 12 months and loved every minute of it. I felt it was a wonderful bonding experience, and can’t wait to have that same experience with our new little one once he/she arrives! I remember nursing in the beginning was a piece of cake because Kaelyn was just tiny and didn’t move around much. She nursed and then was done. As she got older though, I found that she became more and more wiggly and easily distracted. I sure wish I had known about Mommy Necklaces at that time!!
Mommy Necklaces began when mom, Raelynn, was experiencing the wonderful journey of breastfeeding her daughter. Like many of us, she found it to be quite easy in the beginning…but then as her daughter grew older, breastfeeding became more of wrestling match and trying to keep her nursing without being distracted by every little movement or sound. When she realized that her daughter was especially interested in her jewelry, the thought of Mommy Necklaces came to mind, and so it was born!
Raelynn was kind enough to send me the Urban Dangling Donut Mommy Necklace to use with our baby once he/she arrives. The best part about it though, is that it’s not just your typical nursing necklace…it’s actually made for Mommy too! It’s something I will feel proud to wear, whether I’m nursing or not. Her jewelry is absolutely beautiful and gives women confidence when wearing it! I’m very excited to use it while nursing too though!
When I received it in the mail, I was very impressed with the quality. I could tell a lot of TLC went into making it! Between the strong, durable cording that will not break when pulled at, and the non-toxic beads used to make it….I think it will be the perfect way to help entertain our little one. I think it will actually serve as a great sensory experience for the baby. Not only is it colorful and fun to hold and play with, but it also engages sound with the dangling donut that can be moved back and forth along the beaded cord. My favorite thing about the necklace is the nifty breakaway closure! This is a must for any mom who wears a necklace around young children!
Mommy Necklaces is definitely on my Mommy Must-have list and is something I will be sure to share with other moms I know! I would recommend it for any mom, whether you’re nursing or not. I think it would also make a wonderful baby shower gift, as there are so many great options to choose from. You can choose from a number of color combinations, as well as making your choice on the type of pendant you’d like. I would love to have more of these so I can wear them with many different outfits. A couple of my other favorites are the Rainstorm and Blush Collections! Aren’t they great?!?
How To Enter To Win: I am super excited because Raelynn from Mommy Necklaces has offered one of my readers the Vibe Dangling Donut Mommy Necklace! To enter, visit Mommy Necklaces and leave me a comment letting me know which necklace collection is your favorite!
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Mommy Necklaces) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Win a Mommy Necklace Giveaway @MomBalancingAct http://bit.ly/zGDtG Ends 9/24
5. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
6. Become a Fan of Mommy Necklaces on Facebook
7. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly
8. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
9. For FIVE extra entries, purchase anything from the Mommy Necklaces website before the end of this giveaway (be sure to leave FIVE separate comments when doing so to ensure each entry is counted).
This giveaway will end September 24th and is open Worldwide!!