Now that the weather is getting colder and it's rainy out most days, I am always looking for new and fun things Kaelyn and I can do together indoors that encourage learning and creativity. I think a bit of this comes from my past work as a Preschool Teacher....but more than anything...like any parent, I just enjoy seeing her learn and having fun while she's doing it! Creativity For Kids is a wonderful place to go if you're looking for fun things to do with your kids that encourage creativity and learning! I have had the opportunity to review different products from them in the past, and was thrilled to have the chance to do so again.
For those who aren't familiar with Creativity For kids, their mission as found on their website is: To provide children with experiences that stimulate and encourage their natural creativity. Our open-ended products offer fun-filled opportunities for children to create, pretend, explore and learn! I found this statement to be very true of their products as we reviewed their first ever Halloween-themed kit called Shrinky Dinks Halloween Fun!
First of all....if you've never done an activity with Shrinky Dinks...you should! It's so neat to watch your creation transform from a Shrinky Dink sheet to a hard ornament in minutes. Not only will kids love it, but if you're anything like me, adults will too! Although the Shrinky Dinks Halloween Fun kit is recommended for ages 7 and up...I found it to be a fun one Kaelyn and I could do together. She obviously wasn't able to do the cutting yet...but she helped me color the shrinky dinks and had a blast doing it! Here's an example of two that she and I did (before they were shrunk and after).
All in all I thought this was a great activity. The kit comes with everything you need, including the tree which you can hang all your Shrinky Dinks on and display somewhere in your home.
They have some other really neat Shrinky Dinks kits available as well. I'd love to have their Shrinky Dinks Holiday Fun kit and their Shrinky Dinks Deluxe kit!
If you're looking for fun and creative activities to do with your children...Creativity For Kids would be a great place to start! You can check out other fun products on their website, and can purchase them right there as well.
Buy It: The Shrinky Dinks Halloween Fun kit can be purchased on the Creativity For Kids website for $16.99.
How To Enter To Win: Creativity For Kids has generously offered one reader their choice of any Shrinky Dinks kit they carry. To enter, visit Creativity For Kids and leave me a comment letting me know which kit you'd choose.
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For TWO extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Creativity For Kids) and leave me a comment with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. Post my Holiday Extravaganza event button to your blog and leave me a comment with the URL to your blog. (button can be found along side column)
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Enter to win a Shrinky Dinks activity kit of your choice from Creativity for Kids @MomBalancingAct http://bit.ly/18B8qC Ends 10/30
6. Become a Fan of A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
7. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
8. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
9. For FIVE extra entries, purchase anything from the Creativity For Kids website before the end of this giveaway (be sure to leave FIVE separate comments when doing so to ensure each entry is counted).
This giveaway will end October 30th and is open to the US and Canada!