Did you know that American’s drink over 55 billion liters of soda and seltzer each year? That’s roughly 600 cans for every adult and child in the US! WOW! I am not a big soda drinker, but my husband loves it! It got me thinking about all of the cans and bottles we waste. That’s why I was thankful to learn more about SodaStream.
SodaStream sent us their Fountain Jet in black/silver along with 8 soda mixes to try. My first impression was how sleek and modern it was.
The SodaStream soda maker saves us from having to throw all those bottles and cans away thanks to their BPA-free reusable plastic bottles which last up to three years! You save on energy as well considering the fact that no electricity or batteries are needed! All the power needed is supplied by the compressed air in the carbonator. What’s great is that these empty carbonators can be returned to SodaStream to be cleaned, inspected and refilled wth CO2 drawn naturally from the air.
When we first received the SodaStream in the mail I was very excited to test it out and so was my husband!! As we began to use it, we realized that making your own homemade soda and sparkling water has never been easier! I was amazed. To start using it, we had to place the CO2 bottle in the back and put the cover back on.
After that we were ready to fill the plastic bottle with water and place it in the slot. To add the carbonation to the water, we simply pushed the button at the top and listened for the buzz sound which let us know it was working. We did this 3 to 4 times with each bottle we made.
We were then ready to add the flavor. My hubby loves orange soda, so we opened that one up first. We filled the orange soda mix up to the line in the cap and poured it in the bottle of carbonated water. I was worried it wouldn’t be very good, but to our surprise it was great! It tasted just like orange soda.
In just a few easy steps we had soda. This is not only great for our environment, but also a wonderful way to save money with each soda mix making the equivalent of 34 can of soda!! There are 25 flavors to choose from….regular, diet and caffeine-free flavors including Cola, Root Beer, Lemon-Lime and more! It would make a terrific gift for any soda or sparkling water lover on your gift list this year!
Buy It: The Fountain Jet like the one I received can be purchased from SodaStream for $99.95. There are other kits available for purchase on their website as well. You can purchase more soda mixes separate for just $4.99!
How To Enter To Win: SodaStream has kindly offered one lucky reader a Fountain Jet Soda Lover’s Start-Up Kit (approx. $100 retail value) which includes the winner’s choice of black/silver, white or red/silver Fountain Jet, CO2 to make over 100 liters of soda, 2 reusable carbonating bottles, a sample pack of flavors, and 3 full-sized flavors of the winner’s choice.
To enter, visit SodaStream and let me know a flavor you would choose if you won.
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and SodaStream) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For THREE extra entries, post my Holiday Extravaganza event button to your blog and leave me THREE comments with the URL to your blog. (button can be found along side column)
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Enter the Holiday Extravaganza #9: SodaStream Soda Maker Giveaway @MomBalancingAct http://bit.ly/2L2tuR Ends 11/26
6. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
7. Sign up to receive special offers from SodaStream via e-mail (found on right side of main page a little ways down)
8. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end November 26th and is open US and Canada!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided for free by SodaStream. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**