Kaelyn is getting to the age where she enjoys helping me do household tasks more and more. Whether it be picking up around the house or helping me in the kitchen…she is always there with a willingness and desire to help. I have especially noticed this over the past couple of weeks as I bake and get things ready to freeze for when the baby arrives. She stands there at the table trying to help me stir, but will often times get frustrated with utensils and how hard they are for her little hands to manipulate and use.
I love having her help me, and feel it’s important for children to be involved in learning these skills early on. That’s why I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review the 27 piece Foundation Set from Curious Chef.
What I think is so great about this set is that it gives children a starter set with all the essential cooking tools and accessories needed to begin their journey of discovery and fun in the kitchen. It really helps to get them excited about cooking and helping in the kitchen. This set includes:
- Large Silicone Mixing Spatula
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Large Poly Spoon
- Nylon Cookie Turner
- Non Stick Rolling Pin
- Kitchen Timer
- 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set
- 6 Piece Measuring Cup Set
- 3 Quart Mixing Bowl Set
- Bear Cookie Cutter
- Flower Cookie Cutter
- Butterfly Cookie Cutter
- 2 Oven Mitts
- Chef Hat
The moment we opened the package I could tell that this set was very good quality and had a great deal to offer! I wasn’t sure what to expect, but was very pleased to see that they weren’t toys, but actual kid sized versions of quality cooking utensils. It’s the perfect way to introduce your children to the kitchen with utensils that are suited just for them and can hold up to real cooking and baking experiences. I am very excited to have this Foundation Set for Kaelyn, and although young, I know she’ll have many fun times using it now, and over the years to come.
The 27 piece Foundation Set is just the beginning of all that Curious Chef has to offer. They also have some great specialty sets that allow their curiosity and confidence in the kitchen to grow even more. I especially like the 6 Piece Cookie Gift Kit which includes items pictured below and retails for approximately $19.99…
How To Enter To Win: Curious Chef has kindly offered one lucky reader a 6 Piece Cookie Gift Set of their own! To enter, visit Curious Chef and leave me a comment letting me know another product they carry that you like.
How To Get Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Curious Chef) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For THREE extra entries, post my Holiday Extravaganza event button to your blog and leave me THREE comments with the URL to your blog. (button can be found along side column)
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Enter Holiday Extravaganza #13: Curious Chef-Kids 6 Pc Cookie Gift Kit Giveaway @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/yeu463z Ends 12/2
7. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
8. Become a Fan of Curious Chef on Facebook
9. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
10. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end December 2nd and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided for free by Curious Chef. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**