When our daughter was still in a crib, I knew that a growing number of medical and safety experts were advising against the use of traditional, bulky crib bumpers due to the concern that they can pose serious dangers, including the risk of SIDS and suffocation. I wanted what was best for her, so we opted not to have a traditional bumper. I wanted her to have something that would keep her safe from rolling into the crib rails, but didn’t realize there are options out there other than bulky bumpers. Thankfully we had no problems, but since having our son I happened to come across CozyWedge and am SO glad that I did!
CozyWedge is a safer, simpler bumper alternative. Some of the features/benefits this product offers are:
- the firm wedges won’t block your baby’s airway
- the fact that they’re low profiles means that there’s full air flow and your baby is visible at all times
- it lifts out for easy sheet changing
- the slipcover is organic and washable
We were sent the CozyWedge in Avocado to review. When I received it in the mail it was even nicer than I expected it to be. The material is a soft organic cotton and the foam is firm, yet comfortable. I can see how this would definitely be a safer alternative to many of the crib bumpers we see on the market today.
The CozyWedge bumpers fit snuggly around the crib, won’t slip down and are VERY easy to remove when changing sheets. I love that they cushion the crib so Kaden is safe when in it, yet they are firm and won’t pocket around his mouth or nose. The foam is actually the same as that used in swimming noodles and is nonabsorbent, CFC-free and odorless.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to use. When it arrived, I was able to quickly put it together by placing the foam wedges in the slipcover. After that, all I had to do was place it in his crib and tie it to the rails. It was truly a breeze, and best of all…SO worth it knowing that it’s a safer option than having a traditional bumper in his crib.
Buy It: You can purchase the CozyWedge for $59.95 in a variety of colors.
Win It: One lucky reader will win a CozyWedge in the color of their choice. To enter, visit CozyWedge and leave a comment letting me know which color you’d choose if you won.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and CozyWedge) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: RT Win a CozyWedge (the safer, simpler crib bumper alternative) in color of choice! http://tinyurl.com/yfptsyz @MomBalancingAct Ends 3/8
5. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
6. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
7. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided for free by CozyWedge. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**