As a salesman who is in his vehicle a lot, my hubby finds it difficult to take leftovers to work for lunch. He’s often on the road and doesn’t have a way to warm his food up. When we’re traveling, I have also run into the same problem with food for Kaelyn. Thankfully, I have been introduced to Warmables and couldn’t be happier!
A family of three who are focused on what they eat, realized how important it was to provide their school age son a healthier alternative to the lunches he was being served at school. Given their love for fresh, healthy food…they decided to find a way to pack nutritious lunches which could be kept warm until lunchtime…and so, Warmables was born.
Warmables products were created to give people a way of keeping healthy lunches warm for an extended period of time. It started with Warmables for kids and now includes Warmables for the office and 5 pit bag products. The Warmables lunch systems are delivered as 3 or 4 piece sets (the Warmables pouch, liner, a BPA-free food container and a cherry pit bag) and do not produce any garbage at all! Now parents of children who eat lunch at school, and adults who pack lunches have an environmentally friendly and convenient way to keep healthy meals warm for 4-6 hours.
Some of the benefits to using Warmables include:
- healthier school lunches
- saving money
- fighting childhood obesity, a growing problem in the US
- environmentally friendly (does not produce any garbage)
Warmables was kind enough to send us a Warmables for kids lunch system to review.
When I received the product I was immediately impressed. I had no idea that each piece would be such good quality. The Warmables pouch acts as the insulator and is made with layers of various cotton and polyester fabrics which are then lined with nylon.
To use Warmables, you just fill the plastic container with food, heat it in the microwave and put the container with its hot contents into the Warmables pouch. You then heat the provided cherry pit bag in the microwave, but it in the Warmables pouch, seal it and put in your child’s insulated lunch box.
We have had the opportunity to use Warmables several times already. It’s so simple to use, and the fact that it helps us to keep healthy meals warm is one of the best parts! No more eating out at fast food restaurants when on the road or while hubby is at work. I am really thrilled to have been introduced to this product, not only because it enables us to eat healthier by keeping food warm, but it also helps to save money and reduces garbage. I would definitely recommend the Warmables for Kids lunch system. I am very interested in trying the Warmables for the office at some point as well….it would be perfect for my husband.
*Warmables offers a giveaway on their website every month…all you need to do is sign up for the newsletter and read it. Information on the monthly giveaway is sent out via the newsletter.
Buy It: Warmables products can be purchased from www.warmables.com.
Win It: Warmables has offered one lucky reader a Warmables for Kids lunch system like the one we received. To enter, visit Warmables and tell me something you learned.
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Warmables) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: RT Healthier lunches for your kids! Enter to win a Warmables for Kids Lunch System @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/ycfxkra Ends 3/9
5. Sign up to receive the Warmables Newsletter
6. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
7. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
8. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end March 9th and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided for free by Warmables. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**