I have found that the toys my kids like best aren’t necessarily the ‘must-have’ high tech toys we so see so much of in our stores today. It’s usually the higher quality, simple toys (much like the ones we had growing up as children) that encourage creativity and open ended play that spark their interest the most! That’s why I’m always on the lookout for great toys that are educational and well-made.
Maukilo was born in 2000, when Alexandra Goedrich couldn’t find any of the toys that she grew up playing with, here in the US. She began an ecommerce site specializing in the sale of European toys, but the business soon outgrew the small California apartment it started in as Americans discovered brands like HABA and more! Over the years, Maukilo has grown to offer a wide selection of wood and PVC-free plastic toys and games from more than 40 European and American based companies. Their goal is to provide toys that are made to last, so that any toy can withstand the test of time and be passed onto the next generation, which meets the company’s motto of “Buy Once, Play Forever”.
Maukilo sent us their Chelona Frog King Memory Game.
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to learn more about Maukilo and review one of their items. It was difficult deciding which toy to review, as they have such a wonderful and large selection to choose from! Whether it’s baby toys, games and puzzles, outdoor play, or something else…they really have it all!
I decided to go with the Chelona Frog King Memory Game because I know how much Kaelyn loves games and learning. Although this particular game has a suggested age of 3+, I knew that even at 2 years old, she would love it! It’s a memory game for the very young. It is a chance for children to learn about colors, figures, structures and quantities and to find pairs as well. The game consists of a base plate with four colorful pegs, a cover plate with ten holes and two plates that are printed on both sides each with five different picture pairs on them. To cover the pictures, there are ten frogs. All the parts except the template (which can be used to make your own matching plate) are made with wood.
When we first received it in the mail, I was extremely impressed with the quality. I can see why so many parents turn to Maukilo when looking for toys that will last. I can see this game being around for a very long time and something our family will enjoy for years to come. I was very excited to get it out and play with her. She immediately was drawn to the frogs and wanted to know more about what to do with this toy. As I sat there and played with her, she caught on very quickly. She played for the longest time, enjoying trying to find the matching pictures that were hidden under the frogs. I couldn’t help but sit there in amazement as I watched my little girl learning right before my eyes. What a wonderful feeling that is as a parent! They have many other games and puzzles that I know she’d love as well.
If you are looking for high quality, safe and educational toys that will last for years to come, Maukilo is a company you will like. I would recommend their products to any parent I know. I have a feeling we’ll be returning to the Maukilo website often to purchase more of their toys for our kids. When Kaden is a little bit older, I’d love to get him this Lokmock Wooden Train by HABA.
Buy It: You can purchase the Chelona Frog King Memory Game on Maukilo.com for $38.99.
Win It: Maukilo is offering one lucky reader their very own Chelona Frog King Memory Game! To enter, visit Maukilo and leave me a comment letting me know another product they carry that you’d love to have.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required initial entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Maukilo) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: RT Win a @Maukilo Toys: Chelona Frog King Memory Game @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/yaoj9tl Ends 2/16
5. Follow Maukilo on Twitter
6. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
7. Become a Fan of Maukilo Toys on Facebook
8. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end February 16th and is open to the US Only
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided for free by Maukilo. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**