Pretend play, or role play as some would call it, is one of our daughter’s favorite things to do! Whether it’s ‘cooking’ us supper in her play kitchen or giving her baby a bath…it’s incredible to see her little mind at work. I am always on the lookout for toys that encourage creativity, and at the same time are educational. I happened to find both of these things in the developmental toy line from Baby Genius!
Baby Genius is a company that offers music-based products that are entertaining, educational and beneficial to babies and young children. You’ll find everything from CD’s to Books…and most recently added, toys! Baby Genius introduced their new developmental toy line consisting of musically inspired role-play toys that incorporate all of the Baby Genius Characters!
When I found out I would have the opportunity to review something from the Baby Genius toy line, I was thrilled! We were sent the Baby Genius Pet Care Center to review.
- Pet Carrier which plays Melody’s theme song when door is opened
- Melody the puppy
- 7 fun pet care accessories (trim her hair and nails, feed her, listen to her heart and more)
Before we even received it in the mail, I knew it would be a hit! We don’t have a dog, but from day one, Kaelyn has always loved animals. Between that and the fact that she loves to role play meant that this was the perfect choice! I was right. The moment I pulled it out of the box she kept asking for the ‘Puppy Cage’ and hasn’t stopped playing with it since.
She enjoys feeding the puppy and taking care of it by listening to its heart and cutting the hair with the play scissors. I could sit for hours and watch her as she plays with Melody the puppy and the rest of the toys included. As a parent it’s so neat to watch them learning through discovery as they play. She also loves Melody’s theme song as it plays when the cage door is opened.
I am so glad we were introduced to the Baby Genius toy line. They are something that both parents and children can enjoy! I would highly recommend Baby Genius products to parents of young children. We’re very impressed with the quality, the educational aspect, and the uniqueness of the items they offer.
Buy It: You can purchase this and other Baby Genius products at Walmart.
Win It: One lucky reader will win a Baby Genius Pet Care Center like the one we received. To enter, visit Baby Genius and tell me another toy they carry that you like.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Baby Genius) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: RT Enter to win a Baby Genius Pet Care Center Toy @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/yc78ff9 Ends 3/23
5. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
6. Become a Fan of Baby Genius on Facebook
7. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
8. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!