Bathing a baby is not always an easy task. It can be hard to keep them warm, and at times, can be difficult to maneuver their wet, slippery little bodies while trying to clean them. I have always thought a bath should be a relaxing experience, but for babies who are not yet able to sit on their own it can be quite the opposite. That’s why I was very excited when introduced to Bathed With Love and the TummyTub.
Owned and operated by a mother who is dedicated to helping parents provide positive bathing experiences for their babies, Bathed With Love offers bath products that gently introduce babies to their new world. Everything from TummyTubs to natural skincare can be found here…and best of all, it has the approval of moms and babies alike!
The TummyTub is a new concept for bathing babies, with many benefits that go along with it. I wasn’t all that familiar with how to use it, but reading through the simple directions that came along with it made it super easy. Some features/benefits include:
- Relaxing for baby (birth-3 years old)
- Womb-like experience – way to transition newborns from the womb to their new world
- Eases the pain of colic and gas
- Aids in restful sleep
- Small surface area helps water stay warm longer
- Easy to transport
- Fully recyclable and using less water is kind to the environment
- Anti-skid base for security and stability
I have to admit, before we received the TummyTub, I was a little skeptical as to how well Kaden would like it. I had never used a tub like this, so at the same time, I was also very excited. We have had the chance to use it several times already and really like it! Not only is it super easy to use, but Kaden absolutely loves it!
He is always very content when we give him a bath using the TummyTub. I think part of this is because he’s covered more with water which keeps him warm. Another reason is because he tends to be a little gassy and sitting upright helps with that a lot. I really appreciate how easy it makes it for me to wash him without having to lift his slippery, wet body while doing so. I love that bath time has become such a relaxing and fun experience for him, thanks to the TummyTub!
We also had the chance to review The Natural Sea Silk Sponge. It has many benefits as well.
- Feels like silk when wet
- Sustainably harvested from renewable local resource
- Natural and safe alternative for sensitive skin
- Very absorbant
I wasn’t sure if I’d like using this or not. For some reason I thought of it as being rough. I wanted to give it a try though and after using it just once on Kaden, I was sold! I couldn’t believe it, but when it’s wet, it truly does feel like silk. AMAZING! I love that it’s natural and safe for his sensitive skin too. I also appreciate the fact that it lathers so well. We have found that we don’t have to use as much soap because of it. I would definitely like to have more of these on hand. They are the perfect size for even our 2 year old daughter to hold and use.
Here’s a little clip of us using the TummyTub and Natural Sea Sponge with Kaden:
Overall, we are very happy with the TummyTub and Natural Sea Sponge. I’m very thankful that we had the opportunity to try these products out and would definitely recommend them to other parents. Both would make terrific baby gifts.
Buy It: You can purchase the TummyTub for $39.99 and the Natural Sea Sponge for $6.99 on the Bathed With Love website.
Coupon Code: You can use coupon code, BALANCING, for 20% off at Bathed With Love. Expires March 12th!
Win It: Bathed With Love has kindly offered one lucky reader three Natural Sea Sponges. To enter, visit Bathed With Love and tell me another product that they carry that you like.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Bathed With Love) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! RT Win THREE Natural Sea Silk Sponges from Bathed With Love @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/ybzwhvf Ends 3/18
5. Follow TummyTub on Twitter
6. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
7. Become a Fan of TummyTub on Facebook
8. Sign up for the Bathed With Love Newsletter
9. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
10. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end March 18th and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided at no cost by Bathed With Love. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**