Since becoming a Mom I’ve wanted to make sure my kids have the very best start in life. This includes making sure that they are eating healthy foods. When Kaelyn began eating solids, I did my best to make sure she was getting all of her food groups and that they were as natural as possible. I still do this, but as time goes on, I find that she has become more and more picky when it comes to eating her fruits and vegetables. Within the next couple of months Kaden will begin eating solid foods. I hope to do the same for him as I have for Kaelyn, and that’s why I was excited when introduced to Ella’s Kitchen!
Paul Lindley passionately believes that his daughter, and her generation, should have the opportunity to eat better and discover how great healthy food can be..and so, Ella’s Kitchen was born! Realizing the importance of approaching things from a child’s point of view, Ella’s Kitchen contains food made of simple and natural ingredients with packaging that kids can really connect to.
I was very happy to learn that the Stage 1 Baby Food and Fruit Smoothies are made of nothing but 100% organic fruit and vegetables…not even water is added! Some benefits include:
- USDA organic approved
- For babies 4 months and older
- New pouch with re-sealable anti-choke screw top
- Gluten free
- Dairy free, egg free, wheat free
- Allergen free
- Great taste – kids love it!
- No mess, no spoon
When I was asked to review some of the products from Ella’s Kitchen, my first thought was to wait until Kaden has started eating solid foods. The thought of Kaelyn enjoying them had not even crossed my mind until it was pointed out to me that this may be a great way to sneak some yummy healthy food into her day! After realizing that the pouches would allow her to squeeze the food right into her mouth, I decided to give it a try. It could be kind of fun, right?!
The moment I opened the box Kaelyn was begging to eat some. This impressed me right away! The fact that the packaging was so colorful and fun made even my picky 2 year old want to try some! YAY! I couldn’t wait for her to try it, so that day for lunch we tried The Red One Smoothie Fruit which included a blend of strawberries, bananas, apples and raspberries.
Since then, we’ve tried several of them (even a couple of the stage 1 baby foods) and have had the same response. I couldn’t be happier knowing that she’s eating healthy and loving it at the same time! I am really looking forward to trying them with Kaden once he begins eating fruits and veggies.
The fact that they are good for 48 hours in the fridge after opening is great! I especially love the twist on cap which makes keeping leftovers (if there are any) even easier. They would also be really easy to squeeze into trays and freeze for months. What a great way to have baby food on hand!
After having had the chance to try Ella’s Kitchen products, I would definitely recommend them to parents of babies and/or toddlers. They’re not only fun and healthy, but great for busy parents…you can just grab them and go!
Buy It: You can purchase Ella’s Kitchen food at a number of locations found here, including Babies R’ Us and Diapers.com.
Win It: Ella’s Kitchen is offering one lucky reader a sample pack similar to the one we received. To enter, visit Ella’s Kitchen and leave a comment letting me know something you learned.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Ella’s Kitchen) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For THREE extra entries, Grab my ‘Celebrating Moms’ event button and leave a comment with the URL where it can be found.
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! RT Enter to win a sample pack of @EllasKitchen organic baby food and smoothies @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/y8fdcmk Ends 4/8
6. Follow Ella’s Kitchen on Twitter
9.Become a Fan of Ella’s Kitchen on Facebook
10. Become a Friend of Ella’s Kitchen and receive e-mails with helpful tips, product info., etc.
11. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
12. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end April 8th and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided at no cost by Ella’s Kitchen. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**