As our family continues to gro, I am realizing that the house I once thought had a lot of storage, is not so spacious anymore. Between the strollers, tubs of clothes, and other gear, we are finding that the storage space we have is filling up quickly. Although this is an issue I’m sure many families face, I was looking for a solution to make storing some of this gear easier and make it more functional for us. That’s when I came across MetroTOTS.
After the birth of her son Billy in 2004, Mary Ann found herself overwhelmed with a a lot of new baby gear in a very small apartment. As with many urban moms in particular, she found storing her new stroller to be the hardest. Wasn’t there some sort of system to store the stroller? She asked at a baby gear store, and to her surprise there was no such thing. Mary Ann soon realized this was a storage issue that had not been addressed. And, with much time and research, MetroTOTS and The StrollAway were born!
Mary Ann was kind enough to send us a StrollAway to review.
- Over the door storage system for most brands/models of foldable strollers.
- Made of durable steel
- Adjustable to 9 different positions
- Attractive chrome plate finish
- Arms fold flush to the door when not in use
- First and only storage solution for bulky strollers
Let’s face it…strollers are probably one of the largest things to store. This is one thing that takes up much of the storage space our home offers. That’s why I was really excited to have the opportunity to try out the StrollAway.
When it arrived I was immediately impressed with the quality. As their website says, it’s made of very durable steel! This is great, because it lets me know that it will not only do what it is designed to do, but will hold up for a very long time. I couldn’t wait to try it out…so I decided to hang it in our entry way closet. This is one of our larger closets, and as you can see from the following picture…had one of our strollers in it which took up a lot of useable floor space.
I then took our stroller and hung it on the two hooks. I wasn’t sure how this would work, as this stroller in particular is fairly bulky, even when folded. To my surprise, it worked like a charm and hung there so well. Now I have a lot more space in the bottom of our closet for other gear that we previously had no space for. YAY!
I’m very pleased with the quality and the overall idea of the StrollAway. It’s great for those who live in smaller apartments especially, but also for those who are finding all of their storage options in the house filling up too! I would definitely recommend this product to any parent.
Buy It: You can purchase the StrollAway from MetroTOTS for $39.99.
Win It: One lucky reader will win a StrollAway from MetroTOTS. To enter, visit MetroTOTS and tell me something you learned or found.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and MetroTOTS) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: RT Enter to win a MetroTOTS StrollAway (The Stroller Storage Solution) @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/ydbmhv4 Ends 3/23
5. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
6. Become a Fan of MetroTOTS on Facebook
7. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
8. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end March 23rd and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided at no cost by MetroTOTS. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were given.**