With each pregnancy and year that passes, I find I become more and more picky about the clothes I wear. Having had two children, my body continues to change…which means I’m always looking for cute and stylish clothing that I can feel good wearing. Thankfully I was introduced to DownEast Basics, and am so glad that I was!
Offering high-design and trendy fashions at low prices, DownEast Basics offers something for everyone. Their clothing line includes cute tops, skirts, dresses, accessories and more to enhance any woman’s wardrobe. Over the past several years, DownEast Basics has continued to grow and become a company people come to when looking for high quality, fashionable styles at affordable prices.
As I searched high and low for clothing that was stylish, yet modest and affordable…I came across DownEast Basics. I was very impressed with the selection of clothes they offer and couldn’t have been happier when contacted to do a review. There are SO many items I absolutely love, so just choosing one was not an easy task. I finally decided on the Empress Top in Spring Green though, and am so happy I did!
- Silk panel v-neck with ruffle
- silk sashes tie in back
- Flutter sleeve
- Cotton/Modal with silk trims
When the top arrived on my doorstep, I was immediately pleased with the quality. I’ve read a lot of great things about the great quality of DownEast Basics items before, but was still curious to see for myself how I’d like their clothing. I couldn’t believe how incredibly soft this shirt was and love the cotton and silk fabrics together! It’s something that can easily be dressed up or dressed down, which means I can wear it in many different settings. What is there not to love about that, right?!
When I tried it on, I loved it even more! As someone who is quite particular about how things fit, where they lay, etc…this was quite impressive. The flutter sleeve is just perfect and one of my favorite features. I don’t like anything to be too tight on my arms, so this great! It adds a cute touch to the top as well!
The length of the top couldn’t get any better! Having two young children, I’m constantly being pulled at or carrying one, so it’s nice to have something a bit longer that I don’t have to worry about riding up. I wish all tops were this length!
The biggest thing I look for in a shirt is the fit. I like for things to be fitted, but not too fitted. What I love about this top, is that the silk sashes can be tied in the back as loosely or tightly as you like. I personally think this gives it the finishing touch and makes it one of my new favorite shirts to wear! I’ve already worn it several times and received many compliments on how cute and ‘springy’ it is!
I don’t know about you, but once I find a piece of clothing that fits great and is something I like, I want to have it in every color. That’s why I’m already eyeing this top in navy and hot pink as well! I also love their handbags and skirts too! Aren’t they cute?!
Having had the chance to review the Empress Top from DownEast Basics, I would definitely turn to them again for clothing. I am very happy with the quality, the prices and the styles. I would highly recommend DownEast Basics to others, and think any of their items would make great Mother’s Day gifts as well!
Buy It: The Empress Top I received can be purchased on the DownEast Basics website for $26.99.
Win It: One lucky reader is going to win an item of their choice from their New Arrivals.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and DownEast Basics) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For THREE extra entries, Grab my ‘Celebrating Moms’ event button and leave a comment with the URL where it can be found.
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Celebrating Moms #10: Enter to win a DownEast Basics item of choice @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/y5oetrb Ends 4/28 RT PLS!
6. Follow DownEast Basics on Twitter
7. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
8. Become a Fan of DownEast Basics on Facebook
9. Share about this giveaway on Facebook Share
10. Subscribe to the DownEast Basics Blog
11. Sign up to receive the DownEast Basics catalog
12. Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
13. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end April 28th and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided at no cost by DownEast Basics. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions have been given**