Whether we’re going for a walk or are enjoying a day at the zoo, a double stroller is something we have found to be a necessity with two young children. Depending on the situation, there are times when it’s nice to have something bigger and more comfortable, and other times when it’s extremely convenient to have something smaller and more compact. In searching for a double stroller like this, I came across the Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport All Weather Double Stroller on Kolcraft’s website and am so happy I did!
Kolcraft began in 1946 when Leo Koltun made playpen pads out of cotton batting and oilcloth covers for post World War II babies. Over the years the company has expanded to include high quality crib mattresses, playards, high chairs, bassinets, bouncers, strollers, and more! They are a name parents have grown to love and trust when it comes to finding innovative and high quality baby products, as well as service that can’t be beat. Whether it’s the Kolcraft Brand, or one of those they partner with such as Jeep, Sesame Beginnings, or Contours…they have a great selection of products to choose from that make the lives of parents easier.
We had been looking for a lightweight stroller that would be easy for us to manage when we’re on the go. The Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport All Weather Double Stroller looked perfect and I was so excited when I learned we were going to have the opportunity to review one in the ‘Fierce’ color!
- Cool-climate roll-up exposes mesh for increased air circulation & creates a head rest
- All-terrain wheels
- Independently reclining seats
- Removable parent cup holder for drinks while on the go
- Separate sunrider canopies
- Two cargo bags for storage
- Extra wide frame
- 3-point quick release buckle
When it arrived I couldn’t wait to check it out. I took it out of the box, and though here were some parts that needed to be assembled, I was able to do it on my own in no time.
After it was put together, I was really happy with the size. It was not too narrow, but not too wide either. We have used it several times and find it’s VERY easy to get through doors at the store/mall.
It’s also perfect for both kids to be able to comfortably sit in. Speaking of comfort…I LOVE the cool-climate roll-up. It not only exposes mesh for increased air circulation and rolls down to block wind, but it also creates a head rest when rolled up and gives additional padding when rolled down. We have found that Kaelyn is tall enough to benefit from the headrest and really likes it. We leave it down for Kaden who is smaller and lays back more. Both options are great…what a neat feature to have!
It’s extremely compact, just 14.5 x 44 x 10 when folded. The size also makes it lightweight and easy to get in and out of the car. At 22.75 lbs (that’s much less than even my 2 year old weighs) I can easily lift it on my own. I appreciate this, as some of our bigger strollers are ones that I have a difficult time with.
Each seat reclines independently of each other which works great for us. Kaden is often leaning back more and napping. Kaelyn likes to sit up more and check everything out. The seat doesn’t recline back a lot, but it’s perfect for a child Kaden’s age or older. Jeep recommends only using it in the reclined position until a child can sit up unassisted, so that’s what we’ve been doing and it’s worked great.
Each seat has a 3-point quick release buckle. Although this wouldn’t work so well for a baby too young, Kaden is nearing 6 months old and especially when reclined, this buckle works great for him. Kaelyn really likes it too, as she has more freedom to move around, yet it keeps her in her seat (not always an easy thing to do ;)).
No matter where we’re at, we always have something to drink with us. That’s why I really appreciate the removable cup holder. It’s perfect for holding anything we have with us and is just another nice feature which make this stroller so great!
The canopies are not very large, but I must say, for as small as they are they do a good job of shading the kids from the sun when it’s really hot. I like how easy they are to open and close…as well as the fact that they can easily be removed as well.
There isn’t a lot of storage on this stroller, but for the things we use it for…that hasn’t been a big deal. We actually use the three handles to hang shopping bags and diaper bags which has worked perfectly! There are two cargo bags, one on each side, which can be used for storage. I really like that they can be closed as we put snacks and Kaden’s pacifier in them a lot. Since the stroller doesn’t have under the seat storage, they did a great job of coming up with a convenient way to still give parents a way to store some things. I really like that a lot.
We’ve used this stroller a lot over the past couple of months. We find that it’s a lot easier to get in the back of our vehicle and take with us when we’re heading out to the stores or even to the park. It’s definitely a great solution for the family on the go. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a smaller, lightweight, affordable and good quality stroller.
I think any Mom would love it this Mother’s Day! In fact, Kolcraft has Mom in mind when creating all of their products. Whether you’re looking for a high chair potty seat or something else…they have a great selection that you will definitely want to check out! I for one think their Jeep Travel Anywhere Sport 2-in-1 Booster Seat & Everyday Bag looks amazing and would love to get it at some point.
Kolcraft Facebook Marvelous Moms Contest: Only until Sunday (May 9th), Kolcraft is hosting a contest to celebrate Marvelous Moms. For more information and how to enter, check out the Kolcraft Facebook Page.
Buy It: The Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport All Weather Double Stroller can be purchased on the Kolcraft website for $119.99. It is available in three different color combos.
Win It: Kolcraft is generously giving one lucky reader a Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport All Weather Double Stroller of their own!
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Kolcraft) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For THREE extra entries, Grab my ‘Celebrating Moms’ event button and leave a comment with the URL where it can be found.
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Enter to win a @Kolcraft Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport All Weather Double Stroller @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/27x8alw Ends 6/7 RT PLS!
6. Follow Kolcraft on Twitter
7. Become a Fan/Like A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
8. Share about this giveaway on Facebook Share
9. Become a Fan/Like Kolcraft on Facebook
10. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
11. Subscribe to Kolcraft’s Baby Matters Blog
12. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end June 7th and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this giveaway and review were provided at no cost by Kolcraft. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions have been given. Others experiences and opinions may differ from my own.**