Summer is my favorite time of year! Once it’s here, you can bet we’ll be outside enjoying the nice weather as much as possible. We’ve already been able to enjoy many family walks, something especially fun for Kaelyn now that we found Smart Trike.
As the worldwide leading manufacturer and distributor in the Tricycle field, Smart Trike provides smart innovative solutions to all cycling stages, from baby to preschooler. Not only do their products help young children develop motor skills, but their ease of use also encourages confidence and independence. They are committed to providing high quality products and great customer service in more than 40 countries around the world.
We were sent the Smart Trike “Deluxe” in Green to review.
- Telescopic steering handle
- Double injection rubber wheels
- Foot Rest
- Padded seat and seat belts
- Clutch for free wheeling
- Durable, Full metal construction
- Safety bar and back support
- UV detachable adjustable canopy
- Bottle holder and telephone toy
- Quality storage bag
- Tipping bucket
- Several color choices
The Smart Trike “Deluxe” is a unique three-in-one multi-featured stroller that converts into a tricycle. Designed for babies 10 months and up, it is equipped with an adjustable telescopic 5-position steering handle that allows the parent to take control of the trike while the child is learning to ride. It also includes a bottle holder and play phone for the child’s amusement. The built-in clutch gives the option of ride control to the parent or to the child. The product includes a washable quality seat cover available in a range of colors together with a functional storage bag.
Other features include: seat belt and safety bar, foot rests, rubber wheels, UV detachable adjustable canopy, full metal construction, press-out clutch for freewheeling and non slip pedals.
When it arrived on our doorstep, I couldn’t wait to put it together and let Kaelyn test it out. I knew she’d be thrilled to have something like this for our family walks. So, that same day while the kids napped, my hubby and I put the Smart Trike “Deluxe” together. There were quite a few pieces to put together which overwhelmed me at first, but it turned out to be very easy and didn’t take us long to do at all.
I was quite impressed with the quality of this product. I did not expect for it to be as durable as it is, so this was definitely a pleasant surprise. Everything from the metal construction to the play phone are high quality and made to last through the wear and tear of daily use by young children.
I absolutely LOVE that this trike is designed for babies 10 months and up. It can easily be set up in three different ways to accommodate a child of 10+ months+, 15+ months, and 24+ months. As we set it up for Kaelyn to use, we tried out all three options. It’s great that in a few months this will be something that both kids can use. For Kaden, it will be more of a stroller…where he is able to securely sit in it and ride as we push him. The safety bar, high back support, seat pad and foot rest are perfect for that age.
Kaelyn on the other hand can use it as a tricycle. When we go on walks she likes to push the pedals on her own, but at times wants us to push her too. Steering is very easy! It’s nice to have the option of using the pedals or just having the foot rest for her to use.
I really appreciate the seat belt and canopy. Many tricycles we’ve seen don’t have a safety belt of any kind. I think it’s a great thing to have, whether we’re pushing it, or she’s riding along on her own. And, what parent doesn’t want to protect their child from the harmful sun? The adjustable canopy is the perfect way to do that. This is a unique feature that I’m so glad they thought to add. That and the high quality storage bag of course! It’s a nice size and the perfect place for my keys, cell phone, etc.
Kaelyn’s favorite things about the Smart Trike are probably the cup holder, tipping bucket and telephone toy. She sticks her sippy cup in the holder and loves to pretend she’s talking on the phone as we push her. The tipping bucket is great for the toys she carries along wherever she goes. These little features are what really take this bike above and beyond any others we’ve seen or used.
I am extremely happy with the quality of this product, as well as the ability to use it in so many ways. The fact that it will work for both of our kids in a way that supports their individual developmental stages is great! I love having the option to push it or let Kaelyn take off on her own. It’s truly a must-have for any parent with young children in my opinion and one I would highly recommend checking out!
Buy It: You can purchase the Smart Trike Deluxe for $129.99.
Win It: Smart Trike has generously offered one very lucky reader a Smart Trike “Deluxe” of their own.
Extra Entries: (only valid after the required entry has been completed)
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Smart Trike) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For THREE extra entries, Grab my ‘Gearing Up For Summer’ event button and leave a comment with the URL where it can be found.
5. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Win a Smart Trike Deluxe ($129.99 Value) ~ 3-in-1 tricycle that grows with your child @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/25d5tnr Ends 6/8
6. Become a Fan/Like A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
7. Share about this giveaway on Facebook Share
8. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end June 8th and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided at no cost by Smart Trike. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions have been given. The experiences and opinions of others may differ from my own.**