Many may be surprised to know that I knew nothing about Scentsy until a few months ago. I had never even heard about this very successful and fast-growing company! We don’t have a lot of people who sell it in our area, so I was very intrigued when I learned more about them and the simple idea of having a safe, wickless alternative to scented candles.
For those who are unfamiliar with them like I was…Scentsy was born in 2003 when Collette Gunnell and Kara Egan began selling decorative warmers. These warmers were designed to melt scented wax with the heat of a light bulb instead of using a wick and flame. What began as a small company located in Salt Lake City, quickly grew when Orville and Heidi Thompson bought the company and brought Scentsy home to Idaho. It was at that point that Scentsy became a party plan company, now having more than 55,000 Independent Scentsy Consultants throughout the US, Puerto Rico, Guam and Canada.
I was first introduced to Scentsy by my sister-in-law and independent consultant, Stacie Christner. I was very impressed with the idea and couldn’t have been happier when she asked me if I’d like to do a review! The hard part was deciding on a warmer and scents! There are so many designs and yummy scents to choose from. Although there were many I loved, I ended up going with the Limestone Mid-Size Scentsy Warmer from the smooth stone collection. I also received the Baked Apple Pie and Sweet Pea & Vanilla scents to try along with it.
I love the simple shape and design of the Limestone Warmer and am so happy I went with this one. The color is neutral and very warm…so it’s something that fits well with the decor in many rooms of my home. It has a dish on the top where the Scentsy bars are placed and a low-watt light bulb on the inside that gives it a soft glow through the holes toward the top of the warmer, as well as the heat needed to melt the bars when plugged in.
The scents are absolutely amazing! I really like both the Sweet Pea and Baked Apple Pie that I received to try. The Baked Apple Pie is probably my favorite and makes me want to try more from the Scentsy Bakery Collection. My hubby comes home from work thinking I’ve actually baked an apple pie, that’s how yummy it smells!! I think it’s fun that there are so many scents to choose from. You are sure to find something that suits your taste and that you’ll absolutely love!
I’m very impressed with Scentsy and their line of products. If you’re looking for a safe alternative to burning scented candles, something that has no flame, soot or wick…Scentsy is definitely something you should check out!
Buy It: You can purchase the Limestone Scentsy Warmer for $25 and the Scentsy Bars for $5 each.
Win It: Stacie has generously offered one lucky reader a Scentsy Mid-Size System which includes your choice of three Scentsy Bars and a Scentsy Mid-Size Warmer ($35 Value)!
1. For TWO extra entries, subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (easily found along the side column). Be sure to leave TWO comments so that both entries can be counted.
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Scentsy) and leave me FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. For TWO extra entries, Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste: Win a Scentsy Mid-Size System (choice of 3 Scentsy Bars & 1 Scentsy Mid-Size Warmer)! @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/2cgafh8 Ends 5/31
5. Become a Fan of A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
6. Share about this giveaway on Facebook Share
8. For TWO extra entries, Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you did (current giveaways can be found along the side column)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end May 31st and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided at no cost. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions have been given. The experiences and opinions of others may differ from my own**