When Kaelyn was younger we didn’t find a carrier or sling to be necessary most of the time. When we were out and about it was just as easy to carry her or push her in the stroller. However, with the birth of our son we have found it’s much easier to keep our eye on both kids by using a carrier. That’s why I was excited when I learned I was going to have the opportunity to review the ERGObaby Carrier.
ERGObaby is a family owned and operated business, providing parents with the most thoughtful, highest quality and most innovative babywearing products and accessories on the market today. Their products were created to help make babywearing safe, easy and comfortable. Between their high quality products and excellent customer service, ERGObaby is a company many parents have come to trust and turn to time and time again for their babywearing needs.
The ERGO Baby Carrier was developed out of a personal need when designer and owner, Karin Frost, had her son in 2001. With the help and feedback from other parents, the ERGO baby design was born. It’s a HandsFree System with an all-in-one baby carrier that can be used in the front, back and hip position, infant to toddler.
ERGObaby sent us an ERGObaby Carrier in the Cranberry color and Infant Insert to review.
- Ergonomic design
- 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
- High density foam in shoulder straps
- High density neoprene foam in waist belt
- High Quality buckles tested by SGS
- Waist belt circumference from 25″ to 43″
- Fits from 5′ to 6’5″ body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps
- Sleeping hood with elastic, adjusts in length to growth of baby
- Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds
- Machine washable – cold, gentle cycles, mild detergent, no bleach. Dry in low heat
The ERGO Baby Carrier’s ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby’s hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the baby’s weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine when hanging by the crotch which most other designs require. The ERGO also balances the baby’s weight to parents’ hips and shoulders, and alleviates physical stress for the parent.
I couldn’t wait to try out the ERGObaby Carrier when it arrived on our doorstep. Kaden is getting heavier by the day and with warmer weather here, we’re out and about a lot more. Whether it’s a trip to the park or just a walk around the neighborhood….having a way to carry him comfortably and safely is very important to us.
Before I actually put the ERGO Baby Carrier on, I was already impressed with the fantastic quality. I could tell this was something made to last. The fabric is soft and the carrier as a whole is very durable.
Having had the chance to use the carrier several times now, I can tell you it’s something we take with us almost everywhere we go. It’s so convenient and something that makes carrying Kaden more comfortable for us and him. I love how easy it is to use too!
I love the carrier’s adjustable straps. It makes it easy to get a perfect fit for both my husband and I. Even at 6’3″, he is able to wear the carrier comfortably which is great! Kaden seems to enjoy the carrier as well. He’s quite the cuddler, so anything that allows him to be closer to mommy and daddy makes him smile from ear to ear!
It’s not only comfortable for him, but very comfortable for us as well! Unlike other carriers we’ve tried in the past, the ERGObaby Carrier does not give me a backache of any kind. It gives the necessary support Kaden needs while in the carrier, as well as me when using it.
I have appreciated the ERGObaby Carrier especially during the day when my husband is at work. If I’m at the park with both kids, it’s been wonderful to have a safe way to carry Kaden, while still being able to watch and play with Kaelyn. It’s perfect! I really like the sleeping hood with elastic during outtings like this, because Kaden often falls asleep. It’s just one of the many features ERGObaby really went above and beyond with!
We were also sent the Infant Insert to use with Kaden when he was younger and didn’t have the head and neck support he does now. It seemed to work very well and gave me peace knowing that he was supported the way he needed to be and safe while I was carrying him! Along with this Infant Insert, the ERGObaby Carrier is the perfect way to carry your children from birth to toddler age!
Win It: ERGObaby has generously offered one lucky reader an ERGObaby Carrier of their own!
1. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
2. 5 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and ERGObaby) and leave FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. 3 extra entries- Grab my ‘Gearing Up For Summer’ event button and leave THREE comments with the URL to your blog.
4. 2 extra entries- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
http://tinyurl.com/24zv7k6 Ends 6/22 RT PLS!
5. 1 extra entry- Follow ERGObaby on Twitter
6. 1 extra entry- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
9. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like ERGObaby on Facebook
10. 1 extra entry- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
11. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end June 22nd and is open to the US and Canada!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided at no cost by ERGObaby. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions have been given. The experiences and opinions of others may differ from my own.**