Summer time not only means warmer weather, but also more opportunities for family trips! I love planning our family getaways…but have not always enjoyed the packing part. I’m always on the lookout for high quality and functional luggage that makes traveling easier. That’s why I was thrilled when I came across High Sierra and their large selection of bags and luggage…perfect for people on the go!
For over 30 years, High Sierra Sport Company has committed themselves to producing thoughtfully innovative bags and luggage that appeal to the intelligence and esteem of the active lifestyle and outdoor consumer. They strive to give you the bags you need at a price you can afford. High Sierra’s dedication to function, design and quality is evident in every piece they offer. Whether an athlete, traveler or professional….High Sierra has something for everyone!
High Sierra sent us their Carry On Wheeled Backpack with Removable Day Pack in Blue to review.
This Carry-On Wheeled Backpack brings you three bags in one! This lightweight, compact and ultra-portable piece of luggage is ready for any type of traveling you’re doing. Use it as a wheeled upright, carry it as a backpack, or take off the removable day pack for lighter adventures….it has it all!
- Built-in, high-density foam structure helps maintain the bag’s shape while minimizing weight.
- Padded backpack straps stow behind the main compartment’s zippered padded back panel.
- Main compartment has book-style opening, interior clothing hold-down straps and one large mesh pocket.
- Removable front day pack
- Tow-strap for attaching an extra bag.
- Custom ID holder hides-away in a back pocket.
- Aircraft aluminum pull-up handle system with locking mechanism.
- Inline skate-style wheels, in protective corner-mounted housings with a unique integrated bridge that keep the bag rolling true.
- Kick plate between the wheel housings protects the bag from abrasion.
- SURE-GRIP handles tuck down flat when not in use.
- Reflective piping for added safety.
I knew it had a lot to offer, but when it arrived, I was even more impressed than I expected to be. I have come across a lot of luggage in the past, but never have I seen or used one as versatile as the Carry-On Wheeled Backpack from High Sierra!
Aside from the many features which make this piece of luggage unique from any other, I was also very impressed with the quality! As many probably know…traveling can be very hard on your luggage…especially when flying. That’s why I SO appreciate the Duraweave and Miniweave fabrics which provide superior durability. I can tell this is a bag that will last us a very long time!
Although this particular piece of luggage is carry-on size (22.0″ x 14.0″ x 8.00″), it offers so much more than any other carry-on luggage we’ve used in the past! I love that the main compartment is a book-style opening that gives plenty of space for packing the things we need. There is a roomy mesh pocket inside as well as interior clothing hold down straps which come in handy as well. I was amazed just how much stuff we could get into it. I love that it has built-in high density foam as well. This ensures that our bag looks good no matter how much we pack in it.
Another neat feature is the fact that the bag can be carried as a backpack. Just in the times we’ve used it, this has come in VERY handy! Who wants to carry a bag up and down stairs or rough surfaces when it can easily be carried on your back?! The backpack straps are padded and very comfortable. They stow behind the main compartment’s zippered padded back panel which makes them easily accessible, as well as easy to hide when not in use.
The bag can easily be rolled using the aircraft aluminum pull-up handle system with locking mechanism. Having Inline skate-style wheels makes using it in this way a piece of cake. It rolls so smoothly! If you want to carry the bag, there are also handles on the top and side which allow you to do so in a way that’s comfortable for you.
My favorite feature of the Carry-On Wheeled Backpack would have to be the removable day pack. When traveling we always carry a smaller, separate bag that will give us a place to put things when we’re at our destination and out and about. Now we don’t have to carry a separate bag because the daypack easily attaches right to the carry on. You can simply zip it on and off as needed. The pack has padded backpack straps which makes it very comfortable to use. It also offers a deluxe organizer, zippered accessory pocket, water bottle pocket, MP3 player headphone port and even has a back strap to allow pack to slip over the extended handle of the main bag. It’s the perfect way to carry our laptop, camera, and anything else we have close by when traveling. If you’re flying it can easily sit down under the seat in front of you, while the main bag fits perfectly in the overhead storage compartment.
I truly love everything about this 3-in-1 bag! Whether we’re taking a mini-trip or a long family vacation…I can see this bag coming in handy in all sorts of situations. The quality, versatility and all that it offers make it the perfect choice for any family on the go this summer. I would highly recommend High Sierra and their amazing selection of functional, innovative and high quality bags and luggage.
Buy It: The suggested retail value of the Carry On Wheeled Backpack with Removable Day Pack is $300.
Win It: High Sierra has generously offered one lucky reader a bag from their collection. High Sierra will determine the bag which is given, and with their amazing selection of high quality and stylish bags/luggage…you’ll be sure to love it!
Extra Entries: (Only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry)
1. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
2. 5 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and High Sierra) and leave FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. 3 extra entries- Grab my ‘Gearing Up For Summer’ event button and leave THREE comments with the URL to your blog.
4. 2 extra entries- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
Gear Up For Summer & WIN a high quality bag/piece of luggage from @HighSierraSport @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/2unga8v Ends 6/23
5. 1 extra entry- Follow High Sierra on Twitter
6. 1 extra entry- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
7. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
8. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on Facebook Share
9. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like High Sierra on Facebook
10. 1 extra entry- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
11. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end June 23rd and is open to the US Only!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided at no cost by High Sierra. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions have been given. The experiences and opinions of others may differ from my own.**