Although we enjoy our time spent outdoors this time of year, there are many days when the weather does not allow it. Having an active two year old inside all day means that I need to have fun things planned as a back up for those rainy days (which we’ve had A LOT of lately!). I’m always on the lookout for something that’s fun, educational and easy for Kaelyn and I to do together. That’s why I was very excited when introduced to Yummy Dough by PlaSmart!
Yummy Dough is a multi-purpose toy! Mixed with water, the Yummy Dough powder turns into smooth and easily shapeable dough that is not only fun to play with, but is safe to eat as well. The fact that it can be eaten raw or after it is baked brings Yummy Dough to a whole new level of fun for Kaelyn!
Knowing how much Kaelyn loves playing with play dough and enjoys helping me bake in the kitchen whenever possible…I had a feeling this would be the perfect activity to forget about those rainy day blues and have fun inside! I was right! She LOVES Yummy Dough!
When I took everything out of the box, I was happy to see that there were four bags of Yummy Dough Mix….each a different color (yellow, green, blue and red). This makes it easy to pick and choose which you’d like to use and if you want, the others can be left for another rainy day. We were so excited to try them out, that we mixed up all four the same day though.
It couldn’t be easier to mix up and get ready to use. We started by pouring the Yummy Dough Mix into a bowl. Then, with the help of the included measuring device, we added 20 ml of water. Kaelyn loved the transformation of the dough as it went from white to the color we were using. I have to admit…it was fun even for me!
She had so much fun creating with the Yummy Dough, and taking a few bites here and there too of course! She even got out out some of her cookie cutters and used them to make many shapes, etc. It was neat to see her little imagination at work and not having to worry if some of it was put in her mouth while creating!
I also love the fact that Yummy Dough can be educational and fun at the same time. Not only was Kaelyn having a blast making all kinds of shapes and figures, but we were able to talk about the colors she was using, the shapes she was making, textures, and so much more!
Once she was finished, we simply placed the creations she had made on a cookie sheet and baked them for 15-20 minutes at 270 degrees. In no time she had some yummy treats that were extra special since she had created and made them herself! I was a bit skeptical how good they would taste, but was pleasantly surprised…they weren’t too bad and she was thrilled!
I am very happy with everything about Yummy Dough! Not only is it safe, even for those little ones who like to put things in their mouth and eat it, but it’s perfect for kids who enjoy creating with dough and helping mom and dad in the kitchen…it’s truly the best of both worlds and so much fun! I would highly recommend this product to parents with kids of all ages.
Win It: Thanks to PlaSmart, one lucky reader is going to win a box of Yummy Dough like the one we received. Everything you need to make colorful creations and yummy treats!
Extra Entries: (Only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry you choose to complete)
1. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
2. 5 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Yummy Dough) and leave FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. 3 extra entries- Grab my ‘Gearing Up For Summer’ event button and leave THREE comments with the URL to your blog.
4. 2 extra entries- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for ONE extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
Enter to win Yummy Dough from @PlaSmart, the edible play dough! @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/252edbt Ends 7/19 RT PLS!
5. 1 extra entry- Follow PlaSmart on Twitter
6. 1 extra entry- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
7. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook and leave me a comment here letting me know
8. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like Yummy Dough on Facebook
9. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like PlaSmart on Facebook
10. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on Facebook Share
11. 1 extra entry- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
12. 1 extra entry- Follow the Yummy Dough blog on Google Friend Connect
13. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end July 19th and is open to the US and Canada!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided by PlaSmart at no cost to me. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions have been given. The experiences and opinions of others may differ from my own.**