Whenever I can, I like to make sure that the utensils, dishes and cups my kids use are kid-friendly and safe for them and the environment. That's why I was very excited when introduced to Kidishes by Duralex.
Founded in 1929, Duralex has been manufacturing tempered glassware and tabletop products for over 80 years in France. They are known for their toughened glassware and safe alternative to plastic dishes. With the help of continuous investments and commitment to quality, Duralex has reached a level of excellence that makes its' products recognized throughout the world. Duralex is and will always remain a true French manufacturer of glassware and tabletop products, and is the only glass manufacturer that makes 100% of their products in France.
Benefits of Duralex Glassware:
- Controlled and Guaranteed
- More Resistant
- Chip Resistant
- Cool and Heat Resistant
- Lasting Quality
With the concern about BPA and plastics growing, I am always looking for an alternative to plastic dishes! That's why I was happy to have the opportunity to learn more about Kidishes 3 Piece Set from Duralex, and couldn't have been more excited when I learned we were going to have the opportunity to review a 3 Piece Set (Plate, Bowl, and Tumbler).
When the Kidishes arrived, I was even more impressed than I thought I would be. Until I saw and used them myself, I was a little unsure how durable they would be. Any reservations I had were gone the moment I was able to touch and use them. The Duralex glass, bowl and plate seem very well made. I love that they are 100% recyclable, great in the dishwasher, and microwave-friendly! A huge plus, is also not having to worry about BPA or other chemicals leaching into my kids' food.
Of course, the most impressive part, is the fact that they're glass and at the same time, are kid-friendly! I love it!! It helps put my mind at ease knowing that my kids are using safe dinnerware that won't break as easily with an accidental drop to the floor.
Kaelyn absolutely loves to use these high quality dishes. She even asks for her 'big girl dishes' whenever it's time to eat. I think the fact that they are more like the dishes we adults use, that it makes her feel special being able to use the same type of dish.
I am very happy with the Kidishes from Duralex and would love to get more at some point. They are the perfect alternative to plastic dishes and great for families with younger children especially.
Buy It: You can purchase Kidishes at Zoebonline.com. Retail value of the three items we received is $10.
Win It: One lucky reader is going to win a Kidishes 3 Piece Set from Duralex like we received!
Extra Entries: (Only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry you choose to complete)
1. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
2. 5 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Duralex) and leave FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. 3 extra entries- Grab my 'Gearing Up For Summer' event button and leave THREE comments with the URL to your blog.
4. 2 extra entries- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for ONE extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
WIN a 3pc Set of Kidishes from Duralex ~ Kid-friendly Glass Dishes! @MomBalancingAct http://tinyurl.com/35zhomr Ends 7/15 RT PLS!
5. 1 extra entry- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
6. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook and leave me a comment here letting me know
7. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on Facebook Share
8. 1 extra entry- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end July 15th and is open to the US Only (No PO Boxes)!
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided by Duralex at no cost. This was not a paid post and my honest opinions have been given. The experiences and opinions of others may differ from my own.**