Making sure we get enough water is so important…especially this time of year when we spend a lot of time outside in the summer heat. Providing my kids with healthy clean drinking water is of the utmost importance to me, which is why I was excited when I came across the Zuvo Water Filtration System!
President Obama’s anti-cancer panel has recently released a report stating that children are at special risk for cancers from environmental contaminants due to the numerous toxic by products that leach into drinking waters from plastic bottles and unfiltered tap water. It’s scary to think of the carcinogens and other toxins that may be in the water we’re drinking on a daily basis, but the good news is….The Zuvo Water Filtration System is here to help! Now it’s easy to decrease our exposure to harmful chemicals, thanks to this easy to use, eco-friendly device.
Zuvo offers a new technology that reduces unwanted, potentially unhealthy contaminants in drinking water. It is an easy to install, cost effective appliance that does not require plastic pitchers or chemical additives. It raises the bar for water purity and taste, ranking #1 over Fiji, Aquafina, Brita, Pur, Evian and more!
- An unlimited supply of great-tasting water delivered at a flow rate of a half-gallon per minute
- A perfect water treatment device for families, chefs, and others who desire large quantities of clean water in a time-saving, effective manner
- An upgrade from other drinking water cleansing products that use only filtration — sets a new standard of combining multiple water cleansing systems into one appliance
- Effectively reduces potentially harmful, unhealthy chemicals, microorganisms, and other contaminants found in potable water
- Maintains nutritious trace mineral content in drinking water
- Convenient, easy to install
- No pitcher or container necessary
- Saves money over time compared to bottled water and other systems: the average family consumes 1,000 gallons of water each year
- Eliminates the waste of plastic water bottles and frequent filter replacement
- Eliminates transportation costs and fuel expenditures for water delivery or bottled water distribution
- The cost of drinking water from Zuvo is estimated at $.06 per gallon, compared to over $1 per gallon for bottled water.
I’m always looking for ways to make drinking water more healthy for myself and my family. That’s why I was thrilled when I learned we were going to have the opportunity to review the Zuvo Water Filtration System.
When it arrived, I was immediately impressed with its sleek and modern design. It’s a little larger than I expected, but I love that it can still easily sit on the counter or be hooked up under the sink.
The Zuvo Water Purator connects directly to most standard faucets, but we found that it did not work with the faucet we currently have in our kitchen. Under-counter installation is easy and possible, but we will need to get a Zuvo Butler Faucet to connect it correctly. In the mean time, we were able to connect it to our bathroom faucet which worked great! I was a little nervous it would be difficult to hook up, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. By simply connecting the Zuvo Water Filtration System directly to the faucet and plugging it in, we had clean, great tasting water in no time!
Basically tap water runs through the Zuvo Water Filtration System using a five-step process to help produce clean, healthy water from the tap.
Step 1: Ozonation – mixes ozone with incoming tap water to treat taste and odor contaminants
Step 2: Ultraviolet Light – ozone saturated water is flooded with high-intensity UV light
Step 3: Photo-Oxidation – combines UV and ozone in a patented process known as photo-oxidation which releases powerful oxidizers to further treat the water.
Step 4: Filtration with lead removal – passing water through a Class 1 Particulate Reduction Filter, reducing chlorine taste and odor, lead, and tiny particulates.
Step 5: Post Filtration UV – filtered water is again exposed to high-intensity UV light as it leaves the Zuvo Water Purator.
My father-in-law lives on a farm with well water. My hubby has always said that the water has a different taste and does not look very clean. We knew the Zuvo Water Filtration System would be put to the test here especially…and took it over to his house to try it out. As with our house, we simply connected the Zuvo Water Filtration System to the faucet and plugged it in. After turning on the water, we watched as it worked its magic.
We were amazed with the results! Below is a picture of the water before using the Zuvo Water Filtration System and after. You can see the discoloration of the contaminated water and how clear and clean the water was after.
We are so impressed with the Zuvo Water Filtration System. I am very happy to have such an easy to use device that helps provide my family with healthy clean drinking water. It’s better for us, our wallets, and the planet. Who could ask for anything more?!
Buy It: You can purchase the Zuvo Water Filtration System and first filter (good for approximately 500 gallons, 6 months) for $299.99 and the replacement filters for $29.99 (needed approximately twice a year), on their site. It is also available at a number of online retailers.
Win It: One lucky reader is going to win a Zuvo Water Filtration System like the one I received (ARV $300!!)
Extra Entries: (Optional and only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry)
1. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
2. 5 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Zuvo) and leave FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. 3 extra entries- Grab my ‘Gearing Up For Summer’ event button and leave THREE comments with the URL to your blog.
4. 2 extra entries- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
5. 1 extra entry- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
6. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
7. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like Zuvo on Facebook
8. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on Facebook (when sharing, please include @A Mom’s Balancing Act so I can easily verify) Share
9. 1 extra entry- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
10. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end August 25th and is open to the US & Canada.
**The products for this review and giveaway were provided for free by Zuvo! The opinions here are my own and were not influenced in any way. The experiences and opinions of others may differ from my own**