Traveling is something we really enjoy being able to do during the summer months. I love our family trips and all the memories we have been able to make. The thing we’re finding though, is that staying away from home used to be a lot easier when Kaelyn was small enough to sleep in a pack n’ play. Now she is getting older and used to her big girl bed. We have tried letting her sleep with us when we’re away from home, but this usually does not work very well as she is quite the wiggly sleeper. I have been on the lookout for a solution to make traveling with her easier, and thankfully, HearthSong has come to the rescue!
If you visit my blog often, you probably remember the HearthSong review I did a couple of months ago. If you arent’ familiar with this terrific company…here is a little bit about them. Since 1983, HearthSong has committed themselves to providing parents with age-appropriate, wholesome, and quality playthings for children. It is their belief childhood is a vital chapter in life and a special time when children can experience as much creative, imaginative play as possible. They guarantee that each item is carefully selected for it’s quality and safety…and as their motto states, their products are Toys You’ll Feel Good About Giving.
We were very happy with the quality of the Monkey Kite we received to review from HearthSong, and couldn’t have been more excited to learn that we were going to have the opportunity to review their Shrunks Kid-Friendly Airbed!
- Convenient size – 60″L x 36″W, with 5″ bumpers
- For ages 2 and up
- Uses standard toddler sheets
- Holds up to 150 lbs and weighs only 8 pounds.
- Comes with carrying bag for storage.
- Has 5″ bumpers on either side which act as security rails
- Inflates and deflates easily
- Rapid Foot Pump included
I was very excited to check out the Shrunks Kid-Friendly Airbed when it arrived. I was immediately impressed with the carrying bag that it comes in. This not only makes it easy to store, but also convenient to travel with. We’ve taken it with us to Grandma and Grandpa’s house already and it’s been very nice to have it in something like this.
I was a little worried that it would take a while to inflate, but it didn’t. The included Rapid Foot Pump made it very easy and quick. Within a couple of minutes it was ready to use.
Once it was inflated, I could tell the quality was great! This is not like other cheaply made airbeds we’ve used in the past. It’s great quality and something I know will last us a very long time.
I love the fact that there is a removable mattress instead of having it all one piece. This makes it easy to tuck the sheet snuggly around it…offering Kaelyn a comfortable night’s rest when we’re away from home. She loves it!
I really appreciate the 5″ bumpers on the sides as well. This is probably my favorite feature! Kaelyn is used to having a rail on her bed, so having something will help keep her on the mattress and safe when sleeping is great! The size is perfect. She has plenty of room to sleep on it and I know it will work well as she continues to grow too.
We are very happy with the Shrunks Kid-Friendly Airbed and can’t wait to use it more over the coming months and years. It’s a convenient way to keep toddlers comfy and safe when sleeping away from home. Whether it’s to use at Grandma’s house, a sleepover, or on vacation…I would highly recommend checking it out for families with little ones.
Buy It: You can purchase the Shrunks Kid-Friendly Airbed for $79.98 on the HearthSong website.
Win It: Thanks to HearthSong, one lucky reader is going to win a Shrunks Kid-Friendly Airbed like the one we received!
1. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
2. 5 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and HearthSong) and leave FIVE comments with the URL to that post.
3. 3 extra entries- Grab my ‘Gearing Up For Summer’ event button and leave THREE comments with the URL to your blog.
4. 2 extra entries- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
5. 1 extra entry- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
6. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
7. 1 extra entry- Become a Fan/Like HearthSong on Facebook
8. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on Facebook (when sharing, please include @A Mom’s Balancing Act so I can easily verify) Share
9. 1 extra entry- Sign up for the HearthSong e-mail newsletter
10. 1 extra entry- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
11. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
This giveaway will end August 31st and is open to the US and Canada.