We have purchased a lot of toys over the years, but what I’ve come to realize is that it’s usually the simple toys (the ones without batteries, without music, etc) that really hold Kaelyn’s attention the longest. There’s something about the simplicity of blocks that allows for open-ended play. The freedom for a child to create and use their imagination. When toys encourage exploration, problem solving and imaginative play…the sky is the limit and keeps kids coming back again and again to discover more. That’s why I was excited when introduced to CitiBlocs!
CitiBloc’s is dedicated to providing a product that is both environmentally-friendly and one that inspires open-ended play and creativity in children (and adults!). These high quality wooden construction blocks are unlike any other with every piece being exactly the same shape and size and precisely cut from Grade A Radiata Pine from certified renewable forests in New Zealand. They come in Hot Colors, Cool Colors and Natural Colors.
As Kaelyn gets older, she enjoys playing with toys that allow her to be creative and use her imagination. The moment I learned more about them, I knew they would be perfect for her which is why I was excited when I found out we were going to have the opportunity to review a set!
We were sent the CitiBlocs Cool Colors 100 Piece Set to review.
- Recommended for ages 3+
- Certified safe and non-toxic
- Tested and approved according to all CPSIA regulations
- Distinctive size and shape
- No glue, no snaps, no mess
- Perfectly balanced
- Safe and non-toxic
- Sturdy and Durable
- Creative, Imaginative, Innovative
- Available in Cool, Hot or Natural Colors
When the CitiBlocs arrived I was pleased to see that they were in a sturdy box. Although I’m sure at some point we will store them in something different, the box works great for keeping them all in one place when we’re not playing with them.
Upon opening the box I realized just how much I loved the blue, turquoise, dark green, lime green and natural colored blocks. They are fun and inviting for children. This is one of the first things Kaelyn commented on. I thought that the 100 piece set might be way too much…but it’s been perfect for building things like boats, towers, and more! There are plenty of pieces so we can build right along side her.
Of course, she couldn’t wait to start building and creating with them. Having complete freedom to use her imagination, I was interested to see what she would do with them. She began by making roads for her cars and stacking them to make a tower. I was amazed how easy it was for her to do. There is no need for glue, snaps, connectors or magnets…just a flat surface and a handful of blocks. CitiBlocs are made so that even young children can build with them and feel a sense of accomplishment and success when they’re done. What a great way for kids to have fun, while working on problem solving, fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and so much more! They are creating and learning all the time!
I have been really impressed with how simple they are to use. By stacking one on top of the other you can build anything. Their specific size (1/4 inches thick x 1 inch wide x 4 1/2 inches long), shape and weight allow building to reach unbelievable heights…something not easily done with other building blocks we’ve tried in the past.
As time goes on I find that she builds more and more things with them. It’s neat to see her imagination come to life. I knew from the beginning that she would love them, but I did not expect to enjoy playing with these with her so much! CitiBlocs is definitely something the whole family can enjoy! We’ve had a great time getting creative and trying some of the fun ideas found in the ideas booklet that comes with the set. My hubby built this which is just one fun example of what you can do with these great building blocks!
Overall we’ve been very impressed with CitiBlocs. It’s been great to watch Kaelyn create something different each and every time without getting bored for a second. This is something that can literally provide hours of fun for children of all ages. Given the limitless number of things you can do with CitiBlocs, as well as their amazing durability and quality…I can see them lasting us a very long time. They would definitely make a terrific gift for children on your holiday list this year!
Buy It: You can purchase the CitiBlocs 100 Piece Cool Colors Set for $22.99.
Win It: One lucky reader is going to win a CitiBlocs 100 Piece Set (either the Hot Colors OR Cool Colors – winner’s choice).
Extra Entries: Only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry)
1. 1 extra entry- Enter the CitiBlocs Giveaway at Thanks, Mail Carrier
2. 1 extra entry- ‘Like’ CitiBlocs on Facebook
3. 1 extra entry- Follow CitiBlocs on Twitter
4. 3 extra entries- Grab our Checking Our List Holiday Gift Guide Button and leave a comment with the URL where it can be found.
5. 3 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and CitiBlocs) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
6. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
#Win a @CitiBlocs 100 Piece Set (Winner’s choice – Cool Colors or Hot Colors)! #momsbalancingact http://tinyurl.com/28779lv Ends 11/26
7. 3 extra entries- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
8.2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
9. 2 extra entries- ‘Like’ A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
10. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
11. Enter any of my otherHoliday Gift Guide giveaways running now. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!