When it comes to toys and children's products, times have sure changed since I was a child. Although there are still simple, non-battery operated toys out there like the ones I grew up with...I have come to realize and appreciate that with technology has come many great educational opportunities for my kids as well...specifically through applications for young children using iPods, iPhones, and iPads!
Milanie Cleere, owner of Oompa Toys, had this same realization. She prefers natural toys, but realized over time that there are many educational apps for young children. As she looked for quality applications, she was overwhelmed by the number available...some were great, while others were a complete waste of time and money. She saw the need for a filter, a source for finding quality educational iPhone and iPad apps for young children and so, on August 20th 2010 Lunchbox Reviews was born.
Lunchbox Reviews is a resource for those looking to find the best children't mobile apps out there. You can read reviews on the ones you are considering downloading or leave your own reviews to help other parents decide. It collects, categorizes and rates iPhone, iPod, and iPad apps for young children with the goal of helping parents find educational, quality and age-appropriate apps easily. The reviews come from several places, including Milanie, as well as other reuptable sources around the internet that she trusts.
When I was first introduced to Lunchbox Reviews I was thrilled and thought it was a fantastic idea to create a site like this for parents to utilize. Many of us find ourselves downloading apps, only to realize that they're complete duds. I think it's fantastic to have a resource where reviews for children's apps are placed in one location so you can decide which ones are best for your kids.
I have found Lunchbox Reviews to be a very user-friendly website. It's incredibly easy to navigate and find what you're looking for by searching the Platform, Age, and Category tabs. I have enjoyed searching through possible apps for Kaelyn and have found many useful reviews as well as detailed descriptions about each app. It has helped me decide which ones would be best for her. With everything from the description to screenshots and reviews...you're sure to be able to find the apps that suit your kids best. There are even direct links to download the apps in iTunes too.
I have been very impressed with Lunchbox Reviews and am happy there is a resource like this for parents. It's definitely one I would recommend checking out if you're looking for quality, educational and age appropriate children's apps for your kids.
Win It: Milanie has offered one lucky reader a $25 Oompa Gift Certificate!!
1. 2 extra entries- Follow Lunchbox Reviews on Twitter
2. 2 extra entries- 'Like' Lunchbox Reviews on Facebook
3. 3 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Lunchbox Reviews) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
4. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
#Win an @OompaToys $25 GC #momsbalancingact http://tinyurl.com/2vjmzho Ends 11/18 RT PLS!
5. 1 extra entry- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
6. 1 extra entry- subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
7. 1 extra entry- 'Like' A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
8. 1 extra entry- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter any of my other current giveaways running now. Leave me a comment on which one(s)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!