Knowing that we had a little one on the way, we decided to start potty training Kaelyn around 17 months. Thankfully it went great, and about 3 1/2 weeks later she was fully potty trained. I can only hope Kaden is just as easy. Over the past 1 1/2 years Kaelyn has become much more independent, and although she still enjoys using her little potty chair…she also chooses to use the big potty at times as well. As much as I hate to admit it, my little girl is growing up! I knew it was time that we found a portable potty seat and having used the BabyBjörn potty chair and being so happy with it, I knew they would be the perfect company to turn to.
A family-owned Swedish company, BabyBjörn began 50 years ago with three core values of quality, safety and style. Offering high quality, innovative products for infants and toddlers in over 40 countries, it’s no wonder they are a preferred brand among parents around the world! With everything from bouncers and baby carriers to potty chairs and more…BabyBjörn is sure to have something that suits the needs of families with young children.
I’ve browsed the BabyBjörn website several times and am always impressed with their amazing selection of infant and toddler products. Knowing that all their products are tested and certified to ensure their quality and safety has me turning to them time and time again. That’s why I was thrilled to learn we were going to have the opportunity to review the BabyBjörn Toilet Trainer and BabyBjörn Safe Step.
BabyBjörn Toilet Trainer Features/Benefits:
- For children age 2+
- Material used is polypropylene and is recyclable
- PVC-free and contains no bisphenol A (BPA), phthalates, cadmium, lead, bromine or chlorine.
- Can be adjusted to fit any toilet
- Rubber strip keeps the toilet trainer from sliding around
- Measures: 12 x 3.5 x 14.5 in and weighs 14 oz
- Easy to clean
- Convenient Handle
Pulling the Toilet Trainer out of the box, I was instantly impressed with the size. When it comes to a potty seat, we need for it to be small enough where Kaelyn can lift on and off the toilet with ease. There’s even a handle! She runs back to the bathroom many times throughout the day, often before I ever know she has to go. The fact that the size of the Toilet Trainer is so nice means she’s able to be more independent in going to the bathroom by herself. Love it!
Quality is another important feature and as always, BabyBjörn did not disappoint! Made of durable polypropylene, this toilet seat is not only made to withstand a lot of use, but it’s also lightweight (just 14 oz). I love that it’s recyclable, and best of all…safe for Kaelyn. There is no PVC, bisphenol A (BPA), phthalates, cadmium, lead, bromine or chlorine. Thank you BabyBjörn!
As we got it ready to use, I was impressed with how easy it is to adjust and fit to our toilet firmly. By simply adjusting the dial on top, the two wings on the underside move until they fit snugly to the toilet seat. I really appreciate that it adjusts like this to fit any toilet. With it being so lightweight and portable, this is something we can easily take with us to grandparents’ houses, etc…and it’s great knowing that it will work with their toilets as well.
Having used it with Kaelyn several times, we have found that it couldn’t be easier to keep clean which is a must when it comes to potty products for little ones! Wiping with a damp cloth has worked beautifully.
Kaelyn is thrilled with her neat Toilet Trainer. With soft lines and no sharp edges, this products makes it a comfortable place to sit and ensures that Kaelyn is correctly seated. The quality is great, and best of all…it’s safe and easy for her to use.
BabyBjörn Safe Step Features/Benefits:
- Made from recyclable polypropylene (recyclable)
- PVC-free and contains no bisphenol A (BPA), phthalates, cadmium, lead, bromine or chlorine
- Easy to wipe off
- Non-slip rubber mat on top and wide rubber strips on bottom
- Measures 12.5 x 9.5 x 6 in and weighs 19.5 oz
- Available in several colors
Although Kaelyn can manage to get up on the toilet by herself, having something like the BabyBjörn Safe Step has made it SO much easier! It is such a nice size…not too big, but tall enough that it works perfectly for her.
I absolutely love the pink color, and so does Kaelyn! However, I couldn’t help but wonder if the white rubber mat on top would get dirty and be difficult to clean. Thankfully, I have learned I had nothing to worry about! Not only does it stay very clean, but if it gets dirty…we’ve found that it couldn’t be easier to wipe off and keep clean.
Kaelyn has thoroughly enjoyed using the Safe Step by the toilet and the sink. I love the independence it allows her, but most importantly…that it’s safe for her to use.
Overall we’ve been very impressed with both of these innovative products from BabyBjörn. The simple design of each…as well as the quality, safety, and ease of use definitely makes them a must-have for families with young children in my opinion. I would highly recommend them to any parent I know!
Buy It: The BabyBjörn Toilet Trainer and BabyBjörn Safe Step are available for purchase at a number of retail locations as well as online stores including Amazon.com, Target, and more!
Win It: One very lucky reader is going to win a BabyBjörn Toilet Trainer AND BabyBjörn Safe Step in the colors of their choice!
Extra Entries: (Only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry)
1. 1 extra entry- Like BabyBjorn on Facebook
2. 1 extra entry- Follow BabyBjorn on Twitter
3. 3 extra entries- Blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and BabyBjorn) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
4. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
5. 3 extra entries- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
6. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
7. 2 extra entries- ‘Like’ A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
8. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
10. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on your Facebook status by including a link back to this giveaway (you can do this once a day, for an extra entry every day).