Have you ever been sitting outside at a football game in the bitter cold, only to find the cup of coffee you brought didn’t stay hot? Or what about at a baseball game on a warm summer day with a bottle of water that wasn’t cold anymore? I have been in situations like this too…which is why I was to come across Zojirushi.
For over 90 years, Zojirushi has been developing and manufacturing high quality, functional, stylish, safe and easy to use household products and appliances. Meeting the needs of today’s active lifestyles with everything from convenient rice cookers and bread makers, to stainless steel lunch jars, compact electric water boilers and more…it’s no wonder they are a company known around the globe.
When I first came across the Zojirushi website, I was impressed with their selection of products and excited to learn I was going to have the opportunity to review the Zojirushi Tuff Mug.
- Stainless steel vacuum insulation
- Easy-to-clean nonstick interior
- Tight fitted lid keeps beverages hotter or colder than travel mugs
- Plastic cover around the mouth of the mug
- Available in several colors
- 12 oz.
Most mornings I’ll pour myself a cup of cappuccino, take a few sips and then get busy doing other things around the house. When I come back, I usually find that my yummy start to the day is already cold. So, when the Tuff Mug arrived, I was very eager to try it out.
The quality is top-notch and something I see lasting a very long time. It’s durable and not something I have to worry about breaking.
Of course, aside from appearance I couldn’t wait to test it out. Could it really keep my beverages hot (or cold) for extended periods of time? Having used it several times, I can tell you it definitely does! I knew Zojirushi is known for their superior vacuum insulated products…but had no idea how well it actually works. The stainless steel vacuum insulation actually keeps beverages hot or cold longer. Whether it’s hot tea or cold water….it seems to do a great job of keeping the desired temperature. The vacuum insulation is achieved by removing the air between the thin layers of stainless steel that make up the body of the mug. When this is done, the temperature outside of the body does not transfer into the bottle, which is why a beverage is kept hot or cold for many hours.
The tight fitted lid also helps keep beverages hot or cold as well.
The Tuff Mug features a plastic cover around the mouth for a more comfortable feel. Not only that, but the wide mouth of the mug actually accommodates full size ice cubes which is great for those cold drinks on hot days! It reminds me of a thermos, as it’s made to drink directly from the mug. It is not the kind of mug you’d want to drink out of in the car while driving since it’s an open top, but is great for home, work, or anywhere else you’re going.
When it comes to any product, having something that’s easy to clean is important. Thankfully, the Tuff Mug is a piece of cake. I simply rinse and clean it out right after each use. The interior nonstick coating makes the mug easy-to-clean as does the stopper which disassembles.
I’ve had the opportunity to use the Tuff Mug several times and am not only impressed with how hot or cold it keeps my drinks, but also the fact that it doesn’t leak when closed. Yay! I’ve tilted it upside down, laid it on it’s side, etc to test it out and have had no problems. I obviously keep it in an upright position, but thought it was great that if it would happen to get knocked over…that it doesn’t leak when closed.
Overall I’ve been very impressed with this product. The quality is great and it’s stylish and easy to use. I see myself getting a lot of use out of this both this winter and throughout the summer. It’s been great for at home, as well as handy and versatile for taking with me to have when visiting friends, family, etc.
Win It: Thanks to Zojirushi, one reader is going to win a Tuff Mug of their own.
Extra Entries: (Only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry)
1. 3 extra entries- Blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Zojirushi) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
2. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
3. 3 extra entries- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
4. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
5. 2 extra entries- ‘Like’ A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
6. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
7. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
8. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on your Facebook status by including a link back to this giveaway (you can do this once a day, for an extra entry every day).