With both of my pregnancies I experienced morning sickness. Thankfully, it was not extreme…but enough where I felt nauseous much of the day for those first few weeks of pregnancy. I remember finding it especially difficult to do daily tasks around the house and have a toddler to look after when I was pregnant with Kaden. I tried to keep crackers near by, but really could have used something more effective. I wish I had know about Sea-Band at that time!
For those who aren’t familiar, Sea-Band acupressure wristbands have been providing nausea relief to millions of people for 20 years! They are a drug free way for you to relieve your nausea, whether it be morning sickness/pregnancy nausea and vomiting, or motion sickness. Safe for you and your children, Sea-Bands are clinically proven to be effective, and can be worn many times. Using the ancient Chinese principles of acupressure Sea-Bands exert a small pressure on the P6 acupressure point on your wrist, giving almost immediate relief for some people.
- Sea-Bands can be used for Motion/Travel Sickness, Morning Sickness (Pregnancy Nausea and Vomiting), Chemotherapy related Nausea and Post-Operative Nausea.
- Sea-Bands have provided relief to millions of people suffering from of nausea & vomiting.
- Sea-Bands work using the principles of Acupressure.
- Sea-Bands are non invasive and drug free.
- The plastic stud on Sea-Bands applies a continuous pressure on each wrist relieving the feeling of nausea.
- Sea-Bands are sold in pharmacies all over the world, including the USA, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, South Africa and even the Far East.
- A range of colours are available for both adults and children (colours vary depending on country).
- Providing Sea-Bands are looked after they will be effective for several years!
- Sea-Bands & the P6 acupressure point they operate on are documented in many scientific/medical journals.
- Sea-Band is the natural choice for nausea relief that is clinically proven to work.
Aside from having morning sickness when I was pregnant with Kaelyn and Kaden, I have also struggled with motion sickness from the time I was very young. Whether it be a long car ride, an airplane ride, or even a ride at the amusement park…I get nauseous very easily. Unfortunately, we are finding my daughter to be the same way….especially on long car rides. That’s why I was really excited to learn that we were going to have the opportunity to review Sea-Bands in both the adult size and the child size (they are suitable for use by adults and children from the age of 3).
When the Sea-Bands arrived, I was really looking forward to checking them out. First of all, I was very pleased to see that both come in a handy case. Since these can be used many times (they will actually last for years if looked after and taken care of), it’s nice that they come with a convenient way to keep them safe when not in use. It’s also small enough where I can easily throw it in my purse.
As I took them out of the package, I was also impressed with the quality. The wristbands are soft and made from nylon and elastane. I love that they are even machine washable.
Kaelyn and I have each had the opportunity to wear them in the car and have been very impressed with how comfortable they are. I wasn’t sure how I’d like the plastic stud putting continuous pressure on my wrist, but it didn’t both either of us at all.
Basically, using the ancient Chinese principles of acupressure, Sea-Bands exert a small pressure on the P6 acupressure point on your wrist, giving almost immediate relief for some people. We have ben putting them on before we get in the car when we’re taking a long carride which has worked out great. You can actually put them on at the onset of nausea as well…it just may take 2-5 minutes to become effective.
In the times we’ve used them so far, I’ve found the Sea-Bands to be effective. Whenever we’re driving a distance, our car ride usually ends with Kaelyn throwing up. Since having these, that has not been an issue. Best of all, I love that Sea-Bands provide a natural choice without causing drowsiness or other side effects. It’s a drug free way to get relief from all kinds of nausea for adults and children.
On our trip to Jamaica I could have definitely used something like this on the plane and the bus ride to the resort. Thankfully, next time I’ll have my Sea-Band on hand and ready to use.
The following are some facts I found on the Sea Band website that I thought were really interesting and wanted to share:
- Up to 30% of pregnant women may take time off from work due to nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
- An Italian study found that morning sickness was reduced in 70% of women who used Sea-Bands.
- Fear of the effects of drugs on their baby leads 55-75% of pregnant women to seek alternative or complementary remedies, according to the Royal College of Midwives.
- A number of surveys suggest that up to one third of the UK population suffer from motion sickness.
- Children under two years of age are rarely affected by travel sickness, although their susceptibility increases rapidly between the ages of three and 12 years, after which it gradually declines.
- Approximately 58% of children suffer from travel sickness when in a car journey.
- Ray Quinn used Sea-Bands when he was competing on ITV’s Dancing on Ice to combat the extreme motion sickness he experienced whilst performing!
As you probably have already concluded, I’ve been very impressed with the Sea Bands we received and would definitely recommend them to others who struggle with motion sickness, have morning sickness, etc. I am happy to have them on hand for both Kaelyn and myself.
Win It: FOUR lucky readers will win one pair of Sea-Bands (either adult OR child size)! I have two child size pairs and two adult size pairs available.
1. 1 extra entry - Like Sea-Band on Facebook
2. 1 extra entry - Leave a comment letting me know which pair of Sea-Bands you’d prefer (adult size or child size (child size in pink or camouflage).
3. 3 extra entries- Blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Sea-Band) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
4. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
Drug Free Nausea, Travel and Morning Sickness Relief! #WIN a pair of Sea-Bands (4 winners!) #momsbalancingact http://bit.ly/eIMhQs Ends 4/25
6. 3 extra entries- Post my blog button or blog URL to your blog and leave a comment with the URL to your blog. (If it already is, leave me a comment letting me know)
7. 2 extra entries- Become a Fan/Like A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
8. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
9. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
10. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on your Facebook status by including a link back to this giveaway (you can do this once a day for an extra entry every day!).