Anyone who reads my blog often, knows that this time of year is very busy for my family. Between the many birthdays we celebrate (including mine and both my kids) as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas…we have many family get-togethers from October all the way up until the new year. That not only means a lot of fun celebrating, but also a lot of eating!
Having been diagnosed with gestational diabetes with this pregnancy, I’ve really gotten into the routine of eating more healthy and watching my weight. I want to keep it up after our little one arrives in 1 1/2 weeks, even though I know all of the fun celebrations and food will make it difficult. Thankfully, I know EatSmart and their Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale is there to help me stick to my diet and weightloss goals post baby.
Focused on manufacturing, designing and distributing bathroom and kitchen scales of superior design and accuracy, EatSmart Products offers a variety of reasonably priced products to choose from. With everything from digital bathroom scales to large and small kitchen scales, there’s sure to be something that suits your needs perfectly.
Having had the opportunity to review a couple of EatSmart products in the past, I already knew their products are high quality and user-friendly. That’s why I was excited to learn we were going to have the opportunity to review the EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale.
- EatSmart “Step-On” Technology – Get instant readings! No more tapping scale to turn on.
- Large 4.3″ LCD display with cool blue backlight – Easy to read from any distance.
- 4 High Precision Sensors – Consistent and accurate measurement
- 2 Measurement Modes: Pounds / Kilos
- Graduation Increments of .2 lbs. / .1kg
- Max Weight: 440 lbs / 200 kgs
- Sturdy oversized 12″ x 15.5″ platform
- Auto Calibrated; Includes 2 AAA batteries
The digital bathroom scale couldn’t have arrived at a better time. I had just recently been told that I have borderline gestational diabetes and was working hard to not only keep my blood sugars in check, but also my weight gain for the rest of my pregnancy. I also knew that soon all of the family birthdays and holidays would be upon us, which was even more of a reason to make sure I was continuing to eat right and manage my weight. I was hopeful the Precision Plus Bathroom Scale would help…and it has!
As I pulled the scale out of the box, I was immediately impressed with the attractive design right away. Before receiving this, we had been using a very cheap looking, old scale that I would hide in the closet when we had company over. This one however, is sleek, modern and anything but an eye sore. I am comfortable leaving it sit out in our master bathroom without having to worry what people think when they see it. In fact, those who have seen it…LOVE it!
Of course, other than the appearance, I was more concerned with how well and accurate this scale would be. As I stepped on, I immediately noticed that I did not have to tap it to turn on or anything. By Simply stepping onto the wide platform (it’s over 15 inches wide), I got instant readings!
The large backlit 4.3″ lcd disply is great for reading those numbers from a distance and in any light. I tend to weigh myself in the morning when it’s still pretty dark out, and love that I’m able to easily see the number even in dim light. This is also something much different from the old scale we were using and has me wishing I had one like this a long time ago!
As I watch my weight closely right now while I’m pregnant, as well as post-baby, I am happy to have a scale that is not only so simple to use, but also one that is incredibly accurate. There are 4 high precision sensors that measure in increments of .2 lbs up to 44o lbs! It’s been a great way to track my weight gain, and will be great for weight loss too. Even the slightest changes in weight can be a big deal and bring a whole lot of excitement!
After stepping off the scale, I was happy to see that it automatically shuts off to help conserve energy. It takes 2 AAA batteries (included), so it’s nice that when not in use the batteries aren’t being drained.
Overall I’ve been very impressed with the Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale. I love the quality and how sturdy the scale is. No matter if you’re near the max 400 lbs, or small like my daughter who likes to weigh herself daily to tell me how much she’s growing…it’s sure to be a great way to get accurate results instantly. This, and the other high quality products from EatSmart can help keep your health and nutrition on track during the holidays and the whole year through. They are definitely items I’d recommend and believe would make for great gift ideas as well!
Buy It: You can purchase the EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale for $36.95 at Amazon.com.
Win It: One very lucky reader is going to win an EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale of their own!
3. 1 extra entry - Sign up to receive the EatSmart monthly newsletter
4. 3 extra entries – Grab my Holiday Gift Guide 2011 button (far right sidebar) and leave a comment with the URL where it can be found.
5. 3 extra entries- blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and EatSmart) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
6. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
7. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom’s Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
8. 2 extra entries- ‘Like’ A Mom’s Balancing Act on Facebook
9. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
10. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)….ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!