Have you ever watched a movie that really made you think? One that opened your eyes and impacted your life? I have to admit I have not watched many movies like this, in fact there are only a few that come to mind. That's why I was excited to learn about the new short film MOST and it's powerful message.
About the movie:
MOST, the Czech word for "The Bridge," is a fitting title for this 21st-century parable about a loving father, his young son, and the fateful day when they attempt to head off an impending rail disaster. Hundreds of passengers aboard an oncoming steam train are completely unaware of the danger that looms as they head toward an open drawbridge. As a desperate young woman witnesses an act of mercy beyond imagination, her life is changed forever—as are the lives of all who see this film. Both heart wrenching and glorious, MOST vividly portrays the greatest offering of love, sacrifice, hope, and forgiveness known to man.
When the MOST - Deluxe Edition arrived on our doorstep, I was very curious to watch it and see what I thought. Could a 33 minute film really have much of a story line? The answer is YES!
As I began watching this movie, I was immediately moved. The love between this father and son was evident...even with the main characters speaking Czech, the subtitles made it easy to follow and did not take away from the movie at all. The entire 33 minutes I was glued! As the story went on, I couldn't help but tear up for this father as he had to make a decision that would change his life (and the lives of others) forever.
What if everything in our lives came down to one ultimate decision? What if we were forced to choose between all that we know and love...and the welfare of others? What would the aftermath of this kind of life-altering decision be? All of these questions ran through my mind as I watched this movie. A father had to make an unthinkable decision... to save his son, or to save a train full of passengers unaware of what their fate might hold. A sacrifice many of us can not even think of having to make in our own lives. It's a modern day parable of the verse, John 3:16... one we are very familiar with in our home.
The two friends who teamed up to create this short film have illustrated Christianity's most simple, yet fundamental truth of God's remarkable love and sacrifice in any amazing, thought provoking way. It's a feature that not only encourages spiritual growth but one that could impact your life in an incredible way. The Deluxe Edition includes the 33-minute film, as well as the making of most, bonus scenes, extended ending, introduction and commentary by Luis Palau, study guide and more!
Buy It: You can purchase MOST: The Deluxe Edition starting March 1st at a number of Christian retail stores and online retailers for $14.99.
Win It: One very lucky reader is going to win a copy of Most: The Deluxe Edition DVD for themselves!
Extra Entries: (Only valid after the mandatory entry has been completed. Leave 1 comment for each extra entry)
1. 1 extra entry - Like MOST on Facebook
2. 3 extra entries- Blog about this giveaway (linking to this post) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
3. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
5. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
6. 2 extra entries- 'Like' A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
7. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
8. Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave me a comment on which one(s)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!
9. 1 extra entry- Share about this giveaway on your Facebook status by including a link back to this giveaway (you can do this once a day, for an extra entry every day).