When I taught preschool, I found it was helpful to have a timer on hand to help keep order in my classroom. The kids had a schedule, so they knew what came next in their day each time the timer buzzed. It really helped structure our day and kept behavior issues to a minimum. Although Kaelyn is not in school yet, I have often thought a timer would come in handy many times throughout the day, which is why I'm thankful for Learning Resources.
The leading manufacturer of innovative, hands-on educational materials for classrooms and learning toys for the home, Learning Resources has been a trusted source for educators and parents for more than 25 years! With a diverse product line of over 1300 products focusing on everything from mathematics, science, early childhood, reading, etc...it's no wonder Learning Resources is a name known around the world.
I was introduced to Learning Resources as a teacher. They have a great selection of products for children, with a mission to develop quality educational products that make learning exciting for children of all ages and abilities. No matter what age or skill level your child may be at...Learning Resources is sure to have a hands-on activity to help build important skills through imagination and fun. My students always enjoyed them, and my kids do too!
As I said, I began to recognize the need for a timer for Kaelyn, and was very happy when asked if I'd like to review the Time Tracker Mini Visual Timer from Learning Resources.
- Offers unique visual and auditory indicators, including a warning alarm
- Operates easily with just 2 dials: total alarm time and warning time
- Provides flexibility with total alarm time range of 5 minutes to 2 hours, in 5-minute increments
- Counts down until the colored light glows and the alarm sounds
- Supports visual-only timing when you adjust volume or turn off the sound completely
- Measures 3.25"L x 3.25"W x 4.75"H
- Requires 3 AAA batteries, not included
As I pulled it out of the box, I was very happy with the small size. No matter where we're at...it's the perfect size to have sitting pretty much easier and very easy to take with us if we need to. It's truly a take-anywhere timer that can be used in many different situations!
Once I put the batteries in (not included with the timer), it was time to see what this timer could all do. Thanks to very user-friendly instructions, I found that it couldn't be easier to use! Once the unit is turned on, you can twist the green timer dial to choose the desired duration from 5 minutes to 120 minutes, in 5-minute increments. You can twist the yellow warning dial to set a time for the warning alert as well (which is great for giving children a heads up that the timer will go off soon).
Once the dials are set, simply press the start button. The light dome will turn green, then yellow, then red as it counts down the time (with an alarm sounding that indicates time is up). I love that the 360º view makes it visible from any angle.
The timer also has a volume adjustment dial which supports visual-only timing if you turn it off completely. I could definitely see this feature coming in handy, especially in classrooms.
We have had the opportunity to use the Time Tracker Mini several times, and so far have found it to be a great way to keep Kaelyn on task. It used to be that cleaning her room would take Kaelyn a very long time. Now, with the timer, she knows exactly how much time she has to get it done...and it's almost like a race against the clock and a challenge to see how quickly she can do it. It's definitely made things like that and picking up her toys in the living room a lot more fun. I have even found it helpful during meals to keep the kids eating, rather than playing or wanting to get out of their chairs.
Whether this timer is used at home, or in the classroom...I can definitely see how it would be useful to teachers and parents alike. It's a great size, wonderful quality, and couldn't be easier to use. I've enjoyed having it to use, and know that as the kids get older and are busy with homework, etc...it will come in even more handy.
Buy It: The Time Tracker Mini retails for $19.99 and is available at LearningResources.com and other online retailers and specialty stores.
Win It: One lucky reader is going to win a Time Tracker Mini of their own!
1. 1 extra entry- Like Learning Resources on Facebook
2. 1 extra entry- Follow Learning Resources on Twitter
3. 1 extra entry - Subscribe to the Learning Resources You Tube page
4. 1 extra entry - Following the Learning Resources Blog on Google Friend Connect
5. 3 extra entries- Blog about this giveaway (linking to this post and Learning Resources) and leave THREE comments with the URL to that post.
6. 1 extra entry- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet once a day for one extra entry every day)! You can copy and paste:
8. 2 extra entries- subscribe to A Mom's Balancing Act via e-mail (found along the side column) and leave TWO comments letting me know.
9. 2 extra entries- 'Like' A Mom's Balancing Act on Facebook
10. 2 extra entries- Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
11. Enter any of my other giveaways currently running now. Leave me a comment on which one(s)....ONE entry for EACH giveaway you enter!!