As Christmas nears I often begin to feel a little overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done to get ready for the Holidays. Baking, wrapping gifts, and decorating are just to name a few of the things on my to-do list this time of year. Thankfully, even though stressful at times…it’s still one of my favorite times of year, especially when time is spent with family and friends. This year we ended up having a “Get Ready for the Holidays” Party and invited some family and friends over to help us do a little gift wrapping, DIY gift projects, decorating…and of course lots of laughing and eating!
As part of a very cool project through TheMotherhood, I was given the opportunity to host this fun multi-tasking party with friends and family.We also got to enjoy a delicious, quick and easy meal thanks to Flatout Bread and their Flatout Flatbreads! They are a family-owned company who recently introduced, exclusively at Walmart, a new Thin Crust Flatbreads Artisan Pizza!
When the new Thin Crust Flatbreads Artisan Pizzas arrived in the mail, I was busy planning for the party and deciding not only what activities we were going to do, but also what pizza recipes I wanted to try. We were sent three different kinds – Rustic White, Spicy Italian and Heritage Wheat. Since we were having quite a few people over and had a variety of Flatout Flatbreads to choose from, I decided we’d make a few different pizzas that were sure to suit the taste of everyone there.
As I said, our party was focused on Getting Ready for the Holidays, so it was nice to be able to have a quick, yummy meals to make and eat all while multi-tasking and getting lots of things done. We started out doing some decorating and wrapping gifts. The kids had a lot of fun with this…especially when it came time to wrap gifts for teachers and friends.
Once we had done this, we decided it was time for a quick break which mean Pizza time! I couldn’t wait to try out the new Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads and see what myself and our friends and family thought of them. I had gotten all the ingredients prepared ahead of time, which made preparing the pizzas super easy. I couldn’t believe how quickly they got done either. With each pizza we made, we put the flatbreads in first for 4-5minutes, then took them out to load them with our toppings, and then into the oven again for another 3-4 minutes. That’s it! In that short amount of time we had dinner served!! It’s a fantastic meal for a party, especially when you want something quick and easy!
The different pizza recipes I came up with for the party ended up being absolutely delicious and loved by all…both young and old!
Chicken Fajita Pizza
Ingredients (split between two Flatout Flatbreads and bake at the same time)
- 2 Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads of your choice (we used the Rustic White and Spicy Italian)
- Fajita Chicken (I bought the pre-cooked frozen bag of it) Use as much or as little as you’d like
- 1 T Oil
- 1/4 of an onion, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 of a green pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 C – 2 C Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 C – 3/4 C Salsa
- Bacon bits to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet
2. Add chicken, stirring frequently, along with onion and green pepper until chicken is lightly browned.
3. Preheat oven to 350º
4. Pre-bake flatbread 4-5 minutes
5. While it’s in the oven, cut up the chicken into small pieces
6. Take flatbread out of oven and load with toppings (salsa first – finish with cheeses).
7. Bake another 3-4 minutes
This was one of my favorite recipes by far! I love making fajita wraps and on the Spicy Italian Flatout Flatbread, this tasted amazing! I created this recipe for fajita wraps, and altered it a little to work on these pizzas. All measurements in the recipes are approximate, as pizza toppings are such a personal thing. Put as much or as little as you want on of each topping.
Ingredients: (split between two Flatout Flatbreads and bake at the same time)
- 1/2 lb hamburger
- 1/2 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 C Crushed Doritos
- 1 1/2 C – 2 C Mexican Cheese
- 1/2 Tomato cut into small pieces
- 1/2 C Taco Sauce
- Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads of your choice (we used the Rustic White and Spicy Italian)
1. Brown hamburger and mix with taco seasoning packet (per directions on packet)
2. Drain hamburger
3. Preheat oven to 350º
4. Pre-bake Flatbread for 4-5 minutes
5. Take out of oven and load with toppings. We did the taco sauce first, then hamburger and cheese. (leave the lettuce, Tomato and Doritos until out of the oven)
6. Bake for 3-4 minutes
7. Once out of the oven, top with lettuce tomato and crushed doritos
I’d say this was another favorite amongst many of the people who tried it. It’s a fairly common pizza, but on the Flatout Flabtbread it tasted even better than the taco pizza I’m used to…not to mention they were ready in no time at all (as with all the pizzas we made that day).
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Instructions: (split between two Flatout Flatbreads and bake at the same time)
- 1/2 C BBQ Sauce
- 1 T Oil
- Chicken (I bought the pre-cooked frozen bag of it) Use as much or as little as you’d like
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 C – 2 C Mexican Cheese
- 2 Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads of your choice (we used the Rustic White)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet
2. Add chicken, stirring frequently until lightly browned
4. Preheat oven to 350º
5. Pre-bake Flatout Flatbreads for 4-5 minutes
3. Cut up chicken into small pieces
4. Take flatbreads out of oven, load with toppings (start with BBQ, then chicken, Garlic and top it off with the cheese).
5. Bake for another 3-4 minutes and enjoy!
I had never tried BBQ Chicken Pizza before, but at the request of some of the other people attending our party, I gave it a try. I’m so glad I did. It didn’t call for any ingredients that were really out of the ordinary, but the mix of them made for one tasty pizza. By vote, this one was voted as one of the best that we tried!
Christmas Pepperoni Pizzas
Instructions: (split the ingredients between little pizza shapes and bake at the same time)
- Handful of Pepperoni
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4-1/2 C Pizza Sauce
- Christmas shaped cookie cutters
- 2 Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads of your choice (we used the Heritage Wheat)
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Take two Flatout Flatbreads and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes (great time for kids to help!)
3. Put little flatbread pizza shapes into oven to pre-bake for 4-5 minutes
4. Take out of oven and top with pizza sauce, then pepperoni, and finally the cheese (it will not take much topping for each cut-out)
5. Pop back into the oven for 3-4 minutes and enjoy
The kids at our party (including my own) are picky when it comes to pizza…so I decided to put a spin on the everyday pepperoni pizza and make it festive, fun and something the kids could help with. They had a blast helping cutout the Christmas shapes. It made eating pizza and getting ready for the holidays that much more fun for them! Of course, the Flatout Flatbread pepperoni pizza recipe ended up being their favorite!
Streusel Dessert Pizza
- 2 Rustic White Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads
- 1 T melted butter
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 2 T solid shortening
- 2 T oil
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1T milk
- 1/2 t vanilla
1. Mix together the streusel ingredients with a fork
2. Preheat oven to 350º
3. Place two Flatout Flatbreads next to each other on pizza pan
4. Spread melted butter over the entire surface of the flatbreads and sprinkle with cinnamon
5. Spread the streusel mix evenly over the top
6. Put in oven for 7 minutes
7. While in the oven, mix up ingredients for icing
8. Take dessert pizza out of oven and drizzle over the pizza
Of course we couldn’t have a yummy meal without some dessert. We ended up doing some more activities and projects before having dessert. But once we were all hungry enough for it, it was absolutely delicious! We’ve had streusel pizza before, but again…on the Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads it not only tasted great, but was also very quick and easy to make! This was an excellent dessert pizza and enjoyed by everyone!
All of these pizza recipes were a hit! They are a lot of fun to make, and with the variety of flavors such as Rustic White, Spicy Italian, Heritage Wheat, Rosemary & Olive Oil, you’re sure to suit the tastes of everyone eating. Being so easy and fast, they are the perfect holiday rush meal solution! Everyone at our party loved them, and appreciated how healthy they are as well. Here’s a little info about them:
- 7g Protein
- Good source of fiber
- 140 caolires
- 6 crusts per bag
- 6 minute recipe
Other than the fact that they make excellent pizzas and are easy and quick, we also found that they’re simple to serve. We cut up each of the Flatout Flatbread pizzas into small pieces so people could grab as they wanted. Just another reason why they’re great for a rushed holiday meal, or a busy multi-tasking party like we had!
Having used these for our “Get Ready for the Holidays” Party, I will definitely be turning to them again once Christmas is here and we have a lot of family around. I may even come up with some new recipes to try, we’ll have to see.
Of course, our party didn’t end there (but we did continue grabbing pizza as we worked – they’re just so easy to grab and go!). We also did a fun activity with the kids who were there, making reindeer ornaments to put on their Christmas trees at home, or to give as a gift. It was a fun DIY project and they really enjoyed it too.
I am so thankful to have been given the project of throwing a party like this. Not only did we get a lot done and had fun while doing it, but we got to eat some delicious new pizza recipes and spend time with the ones we love.
After reading through all of our yummy recipes, you may be excited to get out there and try Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads for yourself (I’d definitely recommend it!). If so, they’re available exclusively at Walmart. Be sure to check out the Walmart Holiday Guide (Featuring the Flatout Artisan Thin Crust Flatbreads and a recipe for Crispy Bacon Tomato Flatbreads (on page 2)! I think that’s the next flatbread recipe I’m going to have to try!
You can also check out the Walmart Holiday Entertaining Pinterest Board for some great ideas as well!
**I was compensated for this post and received a Walmart gift card and Flatout Flatbreads to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.