In October I started to get serious about eating healthier and getting back to a weight that I was comfortable at. And, although I'm really happy with my decision, it probably wasn't the best time of year to start with the holidays being so close. The holidays can be a stressful and tempting time for people like me to derail or delay my weight loss goals. It's not easy when there have been lots of family get-togethers with amazing goodies everywhere I turned!
Something else that helps is alli® and their website LetsFightHolidayFat.com, a new, complimentary online guide for those trying to squeeze in healthy eating and exercise this holiday season and beyond. It's perfect for anyone interested in overcoming the holidays and being weightloss ready for the new year!
I was excited when given the chance to check it out in more depth, as this is definitely something that I need, and know that other people will appreciate as well! It combines three core elements for the weight conscious person, especially this time of year. The three core elements are: diet, physical activity and motivation! It helps to track individual goals and prepare for long-term success with features like:
- Healthy daily meal suggestions and recipes (I can always use ideas!)
- Follow-along fitness videos
- Food and activity tracking
- Expert tips and tricks We would love your help in spreading awareness about Let's Fight Holiday Fat. For this campaign you will be asked to sign up for the website and write one blog post describing your experience. If selected for this program, you will receive a $50 gift code as a thank you for participating.
I just love how easy it makes it to live a healthier lifestyle. I would encourage anyone looking for a good weight management resource to sign up for the Let's Fight Holiday Fat website as well! You will find much dealing with healthy diet, exercise and motivation for defeating temptation while embracing the holidays and beyond. I wanted to also leave you with some tips for Surviving the Season, from busy mom and Let's Fight Holiday Fat Spokesperson, Samantha Harris!
1. Make healthy low-fat food choices - swap out the high fat ingredients in your favorite holiday recipe for healthier options
2. Snack Often - have healthy snacks at hand to help keep you from reaching for holiday goodies. Apples, low-fat string cheese, and baby carrots are low-fat and easy to pack! Have a sweet tooth? Try a small peppermint candy (fat-free) to satisfy your temptation.
3. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise. - Finding small ways to fit in physical activity can help maintain your weight and energy throughout the season. Going holiday shopping? Park the car in the farthest spot from the store entrance. Cooking? Work your legs with squats while waiting for water to boil.
4. Plan Ahead. - Going to a holiday party? Eat a low-fat snack at home to help you stay on track and avoid over-indulging in unhealthy choices.
5. Keep stress levels low. - Eating healthy and being physically active can play a big part in keeping holiday stress at bay. Keeping stress levels low also may help prevent weight gain. Try to find a time in a busy day to take a few minutes for exercise, deep breathing or eat a healthy, low-fat snack